Rubi/Rubikon account(s) recovery

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Rubikon
Novice
Novice

About Me.

Post by Rubikon »

Hello.
I am not the same person with (Salah).
I have never heard of it in my life either. You can also block me if you do not want to see me playing the game. I can be the first and last person to keep the game alive with different events.
gumi wrote: 29 May 2019, 13:43
t3st3r wrote: 29 May 2019, 04:57 Just found this viewtopic.php?f=5&p=158678 - is that really that hard to recover his account? Rubikon is some old player who definitely helps ppl to keep gameplay on server alive and it kinda sad seeing him to leave. Doubly so for reason like this. Is it way it meant to be? Or there is some catch?
Rubikon asked for a password reset and normally we would honor this request no matter whether or not the account is banned because merely resetting a password does not unban an account. I have tried sending an email to the email address associated with the account but the mailbox has been disabled by Outlook (aka hotmail, msn) and as such I am unable to confirm the identity of the account owner.

Searching by IP address doesn't help either: dozens of other accounts have the same IP address as Rubikon's. This would suggest one of three scenarios:
  • Rubikon registered a lot of accounts, all with wildly different email addresses (different ccTLDs, domains, users) and account usernames
  • Rubikon fell victim to a scammer, which then used their account to commit further scams
  • Rubikon is a scammer and has a bunch of sock-puppet accounts
Unfortunately, The Mana World does not collect any access logs and stores very little personally identifying information (PII) in its database: the only info we have on file for any given account is the email address (which isn't even required when creating an account) and the last IP address the user connected from. This means it is impossible for us to tell apart scammers and scam victims from looking at the database alone so when investigating bans we have to look at why the accounts were banned in the first place (we always make forums posts) and, well, ...

Annotation 2019-05-29 093815.png
(this list goes on and on and on so I cropped it)

I'd gladly reset their password but the emails won't reach the mailbox and even after the reset they'd still be banned.
It saddens me to see Rubikon go but we cannot risk unbanning a (maybe) scammer, especially one as prolific as Salah and even if they get unbanned the password still has to be reset first, which isn't possible.
If you do not know anything for me, do not argue with lies GUMI
I did not know that the ardIII account is blocked for fraud
ffddttyy56 wrote: 30 May 2019, 19:45 Salah is not the same person as Rubikon/Jat Lee

Yes i am not Salah but also i am not jat lee too.

I can not understand how you can say you are someone who does not know who he or she is
But we can forget about these things and keep on playing the game
We can do this game like Donald Trump said : "Make America Great Again" - But in this case i say " Make Themanaworld Great Again.

Gumi: It saddens me to see Rubikon go but we cannot risk unbanning a (maybe) scammer, especially one as prolific as Salah and even if they get unbanned the password still has to be reset first, which isn't possible.

You don't have why to unban a account that is banned for fraud or something else.
The rule says.
But we can forgot this and start playing tmw again as we did before.
But if you don't want to see me here tell me i can go in two seconds.
This is just a game, also we are all friends / brothers / sisters with one word , we are family.
We just live in different countries , because we are all same.
Thanks for all things.
I will wait response from you or all the players, if you want me to leave, just send me a message here GO.
There is not any problem.
Best Regards Rubikon.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Rubi/Rubikon account(s) recovery

Post by WildX »

Rubikon was either scammed by Salah and lost their account to Salah, or is Salah. Either way, not much can be done. We have very clear warnings about scams to prevent this type of stuff (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6472). If Rubikon wants to be personally offended by admins doing their work they have the right to be, but I think it's a silly reaction to have.

The troubling thing is that in either case Salah seems to be back. I want to remind everyone to be careful and not trust anyone with your login information and private personal information, no matter how long you've known them or how good friends you are. They could have been hacked themselves, they could turn against you, they could be very good at patiently getting your trust. Real friends don't need to ask for your password, so don't give it away.

TMW Team member

ffddttyy56
Peon
Peon

Post by ffddttyy56 »

You are wrong to think that Salah is back, otherwise you would have heard about it a long time ago.
But I have a question for you, what if "Salah" wasn't just one person.
And also why is rubikon now trying to stop this, is he afraid of you finding something that maybe he doesn't want you to be looking at :shock:
Rubikon
Novice
Novice

Post by Rubikon »

ffddttyy56 wrote: 31 May 2019, 13:20 You are wrong to think that Salah is back, otherwise you would have heard about it a long time ago.
But I have a question for you, what if "Salah" wasn't just one person.
And also why is rubikon now trying to stop this, is he afraid of you finding something that maybe he doesn't want you to be looking at :shock:
Ffddttyy56 are you SALAH? (But I have a question for you, what if "Salah" wasn't just one person. )

You can ask what you want, I do not want to stop anyone for anything.
Ffddtyy56 if you did not learn anything, read it again.
There was no question or doubt if I was trying to hide something or change
First of all you do not know anything about it , thats why u talk
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

This thread has served its purpose. Any personal fights should be taken elsewhere.

TMW Team member