Server Dependencies

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

SpaceDoG
Peon
Peon

Server Dependencies

Post by SpaceDoG »

Are there any files that need to be installed for the server to work correctly other than the athena build? If so is it everything that's located on http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Dependencies?
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

We're not supporting eAthena.

To answer your questions, the dependencies listed on that page have nothing to do with eAthena. Also, I think eAthena has rather few and quite common dependencies. You'll find out soon enough once you try to compile/run it.
SpaceDoG
Peon
Peon

Post by SpaceDoG »

I got the package of athena that TMW is currently using (as far as I know of) from Platyna. It started just fine to the best of my knowledge however whenever my client connects it just kinda hangs and doesn't really do anything after that. I created an account and can login but nothing else happens.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I guess that package doesn't include the data we're using which you can get from our svn repository in the server-data module.
SpaceDoG
Peon
Peon

Post by SpaceDoG »

I did that also just forgot to mention it. I did ./eathena.sh start (which came from your svn) and like I said it connects/registers but that's about all unless there is a step in there that I'm missing somewhere.

[EDIT]
I would talk in IRC but I'm at work right now :(
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well possibly the log can give you an hint?
SpaceDoG
Peon
Peon

Post by SpaceDoG »

I'll check that and post it in IRC as soon as I get home ^.^