Exp Potion

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

fether
Peon
Peon

Exp Potion

Post by fether »

It would be great if we had some sort of potion that gives you exp points, its should cost 50000gp and give you 48000 exp points!
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Exp Potion

Post by jesusalva »

Psst, on my localhost, I have a really shaddy Potion which raises your exp Gain in 50% for an hour and a TOTALLY not suspcious necklace which raises in 10% as long as equipped.

Just don't let the Legion find out :>

(EDIT) As long that there is art for it and WildX gives some lore directives if this will be implemented or not, or how it will be done, it's as easy as eating a candy. The problem, of course, is that I'm in a "wait for WildX or Micksha to show up before working again, enjoy vacations on the meanwhile" mode :P :alt-9: :alt-0:

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Personally I found that getting experience by wealth is not a good thing for the game.
Sharing experience in parties made the game more enjoyable than getting stronger just by paying for it.
Usually the game starts to be boring when reaching higher levels as well getting frustrating if you are not experience enough to made a quest.
I think that the overall balance has to be found with making people join an adventure instead of lonely GP grinding for exp.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 01:59 Personally I found that getting experience by wealth is not a good thing for the game.
Sharing experience in parties made the game more enjoyable than getting stronger just by paying for it.
Usually the game starts to be boring when reaching higher levels as well getting frustrating if you are not experience enough to made a quest.
I think that the overall balance has to be found with making people join an adventure instead of lonely GP grinding for exp.
Buying raw exp with money, indeed, is a bad idea.
Buying exp boosts with money is not that bad, though. It is invaluable to high level players, as they need more XP to level up and monsters rarely/never catch up with them in terms of EXP gains.
Old players = More money = Can buy more expensive exp boosts, and if the advantage of bonuses don't stack, a 15% potion can be sold for 2× more than the 10% potion.
Because they don't/shouldn't stack (you never know what WildX wants for his potions), two pots of 10% are not as good as a pot of 15%.

Anyway, here, these are just ideas. My experiment with exp boosters give +1% for every player near you who use them (similar to Crush's idea of an Alcohol system) -- although I'm limited in some aspects (no variable exp boost, cannot give the boost after the kills, only before, etc.) I'm very free in others to make an awesome hack~- I mean, an awesome feature.

(Yes, my role in the project is pretty much transform ideas in working features whenever possible. That's why I'm just lurking around until WildX and/or Micksha show up again)

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

Livio wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 01:59 Sharing experience in parties made the game more enjoyable than getting stronger just by paying for it.
I find it is quite fun sharing experience and working with other players to level up. It's quite satisfying taking down hordes of monsters with just a small group of players. :D
Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Livio wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 01:59 Personally I found that getting experience by wealth is not a good thing for the game.
Any respectable MMORPG would agree with this. Once you start selling experience you're no longer in the RPG genre, you're closer to those "idle" mobile games that are designed to just provide instant gratification with no substance.

TMW Team member