Introduce yourself!

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Introduce yourself!

Post by WildX »

Every good forum needs one of these. I've just noticed we don't have one, so here it is. If you don't know where to start after you've made your game and forum account, introduce yourself here! Tell us as much or as little as you want about yourself and what you're looking for from TMW and its community.

Sometimes we go quiet, sometimes we're very busy, but we've been going at this for 15 years and counting so you've stumbled upon a pretty neat community if I may say so myself. Welcome!

- TMW Team

TMW Team member

tomminator
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by tomminator »

Ok, lets give this thread a start:

I'm Toams Tomminator, but most people just say tommi.
In game I'm a fearless, but slightly lazy warrior. It took me almost 12 years to reach lvl 90. This also makes me one of the oldest players still around. I'm a member of the Crew of Red corsair, which I think are a fun bunch of people, who keep the game interesting for high lvl players.
In real life I'm a married man with 2 awesome daughters. I work as a maintenance technician in a starch factory. In my spare time instead of watching TV or consuming content on social media like most people do, I try to help out with adding content to a certain opensource mmorpg. Recently they added me to the dev-team which made me a little proud. I can die in peace now :-)
This is not a placeholder
HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

I am HaloNott aka Hacklyn

I have come to grin at you safely knowing I'll have no competition. :mrgreen:
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Well, an unified thread is better than several small threads.
I'm just so used on skipping any post with a "pin" (I usually just assume they have no relevance and skip them - anywhere I go)...

I'm Jesusalva, also known as Jesusaves. This nickname is the junction of two words, the former being in portuguese and the later in english. And yes, I trimmed an "s", no need to point out.
Some friends also call me Jes, Jesus, etc.

In game I'm a lazy idler. I probably have an account since 2012 or something, which is still level 45 if I remember correctly. It's completly bankrupt and I probably have more money IRL than ingame, lol :alt-0:
I'm a member of the Skyfall! guild, a group of Brazilian players which rarely anyone connects, but oh well, I rarely connect too, whom am I to judge others activity ingame... :alt-0:

In real life I'm single. I study Accounting, and I'm involved in university politics. In my spare time I either write office letters and such, or, most commonly, code whatever I think will be fancier to code. Do we need a Hurnscald Mayor election show running, so Tezer can finally be elected President? Sure, no problem, I just need to think it'll be cool and I can even add a tax-system to give the current officer money from other players.
Of course, that probably cannot be done in TMWA without a huge hack, which is also one of the reasons I'm one of the merge enthusiasts.

In the past I was a TMW-BR Game Master, and currently I'm a TMW Dev and ML Admin. I have connections in almost every server available on ManaPlus server list and I'm quite proud of that.

Anyway, except for the merge stuff and randomness-of-self example, I tried to keep the same information level which toams used. It's safe to leave now. :-)

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Kellendro
Peon
Peon

Post by Kellendro »

Hi everybody how are you

I am kellendro, new to the community, the first impression he gave me when he entered the game was very good, the cumunity very good, I hope to be to your liking and have fun together which is what we all have in common. All together make a good community

:D :) Cheers
jaredmeredith
Peon
Peon

Post by jaredmeredith »

....AAAAND I'm back. retired out a few years ago but found my old mana friend again - let's go! :alt-5:
see you at the graveyard.
Plefulther
Peon
Peon

Post by Plefulther »

Well, I am 26 year old manga and anime fan, and long time gamer addict. I am lazy and certainly not an exceptional person. Just lazy gamer whos also into weird animations (though not so weird, they only have weird stigma around them).

When I was younger i was interested in football, basketball, running, gym and training at home. Also at swimming. Now none of that and my body is quite wooden and lacks movement. But hey!
kytty
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by kytty »

Hello! I am kytty in game. I speak both Spanish and English.
I am a member of Crew of Red Corsair 8) I have been playing The Mana World for over 8 years, and I still love the game. I have tried to learn as much as I can from it. Besides game, I am working on my Bachelor's in Biology, and I work (weekends).
What do I love the most about the game? The people :P
Vikrant2345
Newly Registered User

Post by Vikrant2345 »

Hello! I am Vikrant in game. I speak both English.
WarriorPL
Legendary Warrior
Legendary Warrior

Post by WarriorPL »

Hello my name is Adam. I am playing in the game already 6 years. 99 lvl I did in a year... I live in Poland. I am working in IT. I remember a lot of people once played. I look forward to the revival of the game :D :alt-7:
Terfewz
Newly Registered User

Post by Terfewz »

hi everyone im michael
Shown
Newly Registered User

Post by Shown »

Hello everyone I am newbie here and I am glad to be part of this community and I think there is lot of things to learn and gain some knwoledge.

Anomaly
Peon
Peon

Post by Anomaly »

Well dang, looks like I started playing ManaWorld in 2008. I finally managed to recover my forum sign in information, but how to access my original account on the game and see what was in there?

PS I tried recovery at https://www.themanaworld.org/recover/username but the server is apparently down? I dunno. I do still have the email account that I used, but do not have any of the original registration emails saved.

The pen is mightier than the sword ... but keep the sword in case you run out of ink! Oh yeah! 1+1=1 ... carry the 0 :P ... and Hex! I figgered dat one out all by maself!
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Anomaly wrote: 27 May 2021, 07:22

Well dang, looks like I started playing ManaWorld in 2008. I finally managed to recover my forum sign in information, but how to access my original account on the game and see what was in there?

PS I tried recovery at https://www.themanaworld.org/recover/username but the server is apparently down? I dunno. I do still have the email account that I used, but do not have any of the original registration emails saved.

Ah, sorry, that was my fault; Thanks for bringing this up to my attention.

tmw-api died and I did not realize that it needed rebooting :alt-=:

Webpage should be working now. Try it first, but keep in mind it has a very conservative anti-flood protection.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

ochino20
Newly Registered User

Post by ochino20 »

hello