New map

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Alderan
Novice
Novice

New map

Post by Alderan »

Hi,
we were discusing creatures at
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 5955#15955 and I created a simple recoloring of snake + some little light on his head. So but where to put the snake? So I spend a whole day by making a map. It has all walls and walk/notwalk. But there could be more fancy things on the ground but I'm too tired now. The map has few "cave entrances" it was ment that some may lead elswehere and some may be conneced. So they will serve as a teleport in one map. I thought that map could be placed under map with green snakes - that map has two entrances to cave so they may lead to this cave - it hase more entrances as mentioned before. I wanted also to create an exported image but the editor didn't manage it. It hase now name of the map with green snakes. If you enter it, you apear on reasoanble place. More comment - there are two little bridges from stones - they are here so it is possible to walk everyvhere but it was ment such that there will be removed if the cave teleports will work. Well, do as you wish with the map and I hope I will see it in some future relase. It is enough just to copy to maps and replace the map with same name if anyone wants to try it. No new graphic tiles were added. Only the existing are used. So here is the link:

http://hippo.nipax.cz/tmp/new_7-1.tmx.gz

Hope you will like it.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Changing the map won't make it playable as collision and monster spawning is checked on the server's side.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Modanung wrote:Changing the map won't make it playable as collision and monster spawning is checked on the server's side.
I know - but I meant that you may try walking there and see how does it look like.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Maybe post a screenshot?

Regards.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Platyna wrote:Maybe post a screenshot?

Regards.
yeah , a screenshot would be good. i dont understand nothing about that codes :? :?
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Low quality because of that funny "Save as image" function in tiled doesnt work.

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Mmm. Nice map. Ok, I wll put it on the test server and inform you further.

Regards.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

:shock: :shock:

thats big !!!!!!!

:shock: :shock:

but good :wink:
now i counted, there are 13 enters in the cave. don't you think its too much ?
this could be a subterranean city , its very big.
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

LEG0LAS wrote: now i counted, there are 13 enters in the cave. don't you think its too much ?
They aren't all ment to be enters to different locations. They may be connected to each other. So you enter the entrance on one island and you will appear on same map but on the other island. But the editor doesn't provide such a functionality - it must be defined on the server probably. So the creators will decide what to do with it :wink:
Platyna wrote: Mmm. Nice map. Ok, I wll put it on the test server and inform you further.
Test server means platinum.linux.pl ?
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Wow, nice. I think this is the biggest and best cave map until now.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

We need more stuff like this, a lot more.

Thank you very much, keep up the good work. 8)
This message used to be meaningful.