Tulimshar Nathan/Naem Quest Trouble

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Tulimshar Nathan/Naem Quest Trouble

Post by Bobisha »

I am trying to finish the Nathan/Naem Quest in Tulimshar, but when I go to Naem to check up on him and see if he needs any help, all he says to me is, "Yo-ho-ho, A Minor's life for me!" I am not able to continue after this point to finish the quest. I have gone to Nathan several times, and he keeps queueing me to check up on Naem to see if he needs help. I have checked the quest walk through, but I seem to be at a dead end.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Tulimshar Nathan/Naem Quest Trouble

Post by jesusalva »

That's strange. Naem only react this way if you already claimed the gloves with him.
You can only claim the gloves if you opened the underground.
You can only open the underground if Nathan's quest is complete.
So it is quite strange. Could you describe precisely what Nathan is saying? He asks you to see Naem at least six times, so the exact wording could help me to understand what is your current quest state, and hopefully debug with it.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

Here are 3 screenshots that I took of the direct conversations. I talked to Nichols first, then Nathan, then Naem, in that order. The screenshots show the response from each.
Attachments
(Third Chat) Me talking to Naem
(Third Chat) Me talking to Naem
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2020-01-03_17-53-40_3.png (849.33 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
(First Chat) Me talking to Nichols.
(First Chat) Me talking to Nichols.
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2020-01-03_17-52-18_1.png (900.17 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

Here is the screenshot of me talking with Nathan. This is the second of the 3 chat dialogs.
Attachments
(Second Chat) Me talking to Nathan
(Second Chat) Me talking to Nathan
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2020-01-03_17-52-37_2.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3096 times
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

So, one last question.
Can you enter the Underground Place? The one with Giant Cave Maggots.

This will help me to undetstand what's wrong: QL_ flag (which is 9) or FLAGS flag (&4).

Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

I am unable to go into the underground cave area to kill the giant maggots.
Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

I am just checking in to see the status of the Nathan/Nathan Mining Quest. I am still having trouble going to the Underground Place to kill the Giant Maggot. I continue to get the same responses from Nathan and Naem that I posted on this topic. Thank you.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Problem solved by changing quest status from 9 to 25.
I believe the issue was provoked by clear_vars but it is not possible to confirm; I can't even say how old this bug is.

Either way, this bug is not supposed to happen; So I assume there will be no more problems like this one. If there are, we can update clear vars to apply the fix I used on Jersey/Bobisha to everyone else. (Contact me or another admin)

Otherwise, topic closed since time begin.