Damned Sasser and damned ISP

Where game and project announcements are made.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Damned Sasser and damned ISP

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I'd like to thank the creator of "Sasser" worm because he destroyed two of my pcs. :evil:

Also a big thank to my ISP that deleted my accound so now I don't have a proper internet connection. :x

Well this project don't seems to be so lucky. Hope things will go better in the next days. :cry:

I have updated site and prepared the source code promised, but I don't know when I'll put them online because of these problems. Hope tomorrow my ISP will solve the problem. Stay tuned... :D
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

im sorry for yu =(,and if yu need a storage place or a tiny server i will post yu an ssh account on my server,i will be happy to help yu =)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Thx you're very kind as always, but I think I can manage the whole thing...if my ISP restores my internet connection. Tomorrow I'll call them and see what's wrong.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Yuhuu, finally justice. The creator of the "Sasser" worm has been imprisoned. :twisted: Go polizei go...
Luineancaion

Post by Luineancaion »

Shouldn't they lock up the programmers that left the holes instead, virus writters just show people where they screwed up, I guess it depends on how you look at them. Anyway if your going to use windows then you should be spending half your time making sure it's secure. :P
Ardaen
Peon
Peon

Post by Ardaen »

Luineancaion wrote:Shouldn't they lock up the programmers that left the holes instead, virus writters just show people where they screwed up, I guess it depends on how you look at them. Anyway if your going to use windows then you should be spending half your time making sure it's secure. :P
Quite obviously NOT. You want to make it a crime to accidentally leave a hole? This makes me think you know very little about software development, and less about logic and law :p

Thats like saying whoever invented the wheel should have been thrown off a cliff because they are obviously responsible for drunk drivers. It is not thier fault that someone else misused thier creation. You cannot predict the future, you cannot see how others will abuse your work.

The one who spends thier time finding these bugs, then writing and testing software to exploit them, then releasing this software has put much time and effort into it. They are at fault because they choose to create a malicious program and release it. The original software developer made no such choice.
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

well, it's not new that m$ soft has a whole bunch of bugs and security holes. also i want to point out that this hasn't got any better for years! no, the total opposite happened, it got even worse! every "update" - which is obviously only a bugfix - shuts one door and opens up some more at the same time.
since m$ has a huge amount of developers in their pool, it shouldn't be so hard for them to be aware of those security issues and fix more of them before release something but instead it seems almost as they don't care at all. this is another crime to be honest.
there is no reason to protect the devs working for m$ or m$ itself for "accidently" leaving holes.

neway, .NET or the well known TCPA are intended holes! never forget that!
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Mmmm I must have already to known that this post should become a discussion against m$ (For the last time I repeat I'm not pro m$ before everyone tryes to kill me). I was just complaining about viruses nothing more...

Personal opinion: I think if you had a software company probably you'll do the same if you want to make money. Just study some economic models (I've studied them at univeristy). Then because linux is open source it surely has better quality -> also microsoft declared that in "the microsoft document", so nothing to say about it I think!

Remember I'm pro the bazaar open source community else tmw will be worth 100?! :D

I hope you won't hate me for that...
jui-feng
Peon
Peon

Post by jui-feng »

:) m$ sucks blablablaa!

^^

why? because they have security holes? uhm.. linux, or lets say, linux software, have holes too. maybe it is because microsoft is sometimes a littlebit late to fix some of the holes -.-...

i like linux more than windows.. its not that hard to install all development tools.. i.e. gcc, cvs, ... are preinstalled on most distros. windows->ehm.. a bit complicated to install them all ^.^ (and maybe even expensive?) - and linux is simply more customisable. you can chose which program you wanna use for which feature. :)
:> poor english i know ^^ hope you understood a half.. <:

Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

expensive maybe, complicated?...click next
Sorry...I only speak English

Post by Guest »

But to click "next" you must have downloaded the development tools you need to install.

Most linux distros include them already, and you can install them when installing the distro itself. On fedora, it's as easy as checking the dev tools and clicking "next".

That's what he surely meant when he said windows was more "complicated" in that aspect.
Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

im sure, just giving him a hard time:)
Sorry...I only speak English
jui-feng
Peon
Peon

Post by jui-feng »

=D

i.e.. compiling eathena with windows.

you have to install cygwin.

another example, mingw32 installation is a bit more than just "next". With linux, these things are a bit more easy and user friendly! ;D
:> poor english i know ^^ hope you understood a half.. <:

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

While I don't know how it works in Linux (im working to find a suitable computer to install it on) I wouldn't say anything, but it didn't take long to set up mingw in win to compile and what is written in the docs always work, while in linux I hear everyone saying: mmm it doesn't work for me what i have to do, ...., ah now its ok.

Aboout eathena jui, that its only because the athena devs didn't planned their code to be crosscompiling but they still wanted it to runs in windows.
If we did the same, now probably i'll be using cygwin to compile the mana world.

So to conclude i have to say tmw devs (and me on the top) are better than eathena devs

(I like this war against win and linux users :lol: also if windows its light years forward than linux :wink: )