New Melle Weapon Idea

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bobisha
Peon
Peon

New Melle Weapon Idea

Post by Bobisha »

I think that there should be a crowbar for melee attacks. It can be red, with the straight part being a steel color. The description of the weapon can be, "What Would Gordon Do?"
GalebG4M
Newly Registered User

Re: New Melle Weapon Idea

Post by GalebG4M »

Eh, the crowbar is sort of a modern item, I guess it would look somewhat out of place in a medieval fantasy inspired setting, unless as an easter egg/Half-Life reference somewhere.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

GalebG4M wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 09:25 Eh, the crowbar is sort of a modern item, I guess it would look somewhat out of place in a medieval fantasy inspired setting, unless as an easter egg/Half-Life reference somewhere.
These type of items always lead me to learn some obscure facts about their history.

In this case I could only find that "The first attestation of the word is dated back to circa 1400" (Wikipedia, with reference).

It's something that I could imagine a blacksmith would be able to do with simple metals. It could be a fun low level melee weapon if someone wanted to give it a try.

TMW Team member

gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

could also be nice to have a Lead Pipe weapon that deals +20 neurotoxin damage
Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

The Crowbar would be an Easter Egg referring to Half Life. I think it would be a fun thing to be able to get, even if it has low stats. I was also looking at some of the unreleased items, and I really think the Halibert wold be a nice addition to the game as an "epic" weapon for warriors that can be a level 100+ quest item.

I was also thinking that the Assassin's Gear can eventually become available as a 3 part level 100+ quest as well for use with people that want to start using the Brawling Skill. I was thinking this because Brawling is, at the moment, a pretty useless skill, and maybe the Assassin's Gear can be something that can only be quipped only while the Brawling Skill is focused on and at some level above 100...
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

What about an angry cat thrown at the enemy?
Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

Angry Cats? That could be a fun test... :D I don't mind dodging some felines from time to time...

I would like to try to expand a little more with the whole Assassin's Gear idea. First, I would like to state that I know, and understand, that, as a whole, the Assassin's Gear is quite overpowered. I believe that is the main case, at least at this point, that it has not been released. If my memory serves correctly, the total agil bonus is +28 for the whole set when equipped. I believe that roughly half of that for the whole set should be adequate.

I was thinking of there being some type of weight limit for the character that has the gear equipped. For instance, someone who has the typical warrior's armor on would not be able to gain the agility bonuses from the gear, whether it be one, or all, of the items, seeing as though the main goal of the gear is to be fast, and the extra weight would slow you down.

With regards to weapons, the same basic theme would apply as the armor. I would like to see the Brawling Quest be more usable, and I think the extra agility would be a great help, so those with either no weapons equipped, while focused on the Brawling skill, or having a light weapon (i.e. Dagger, Knife, or MAYBE, the Setzer) while being focused on the Speed Skill would be great too.

Personally, if this gear became available, I would be more than happy playing with either the Brawling skill while wearing some combo of the Assassin's Gear and/or the Forest Armor and/or Fairy Hat, and/or Cat's Ears. I would also be willing to do the same with the Speed skill focused using a "light" one handed weapon.

This next idea is a bit of a long shot, but perhaps, there can be something done where someone with the Assassin's Gear (once obtained), can maybe hold 2 one handed weapons (specifically, one in each hand) as long as they were both the same "light" weapon, such as 2 knives, 2 daggers, or, if they wanted (which I, personally, would more than likely be trying) unarmed.

I am hoping there is a way to do something along one or several of these general ideas. I am sure if enough of us actually show an interest, and are able to come to a reasonable idea for this, it could be a great addition to the game.

Also, since there is a new level cap of 135, maybe there can be several new monsters that can slowly be introduced over time as well to help out with the higher levels? Although, that is more of a brain fart that I was thinking.

Thank you all for taking time to read this and I am hoping to hear feedback and have an honest discussion about this, and am willing to help out in any way I can to try to bring this to fruition.
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Bobisha wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 05:59 This next idea is a bit of a long shot, but perhaps, there can be something done where someone with the Assassin's Gear (once obtained), can maybe hold 2 one handed weapons (specifically, one in each hand) as long as they were both the same "light" weapon, such as 2 knives, 2 daggers, or, if they wanted (which I, personally, would more than likely be trying) unarmed.
I believe that will require some code and graphics change until there is a single inventory equipment designed to be a double item itself.

For everything else you listed probably there's something similar being tested and developed on TMW2 as Legacy is not going to be improved that much.
SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

Livio wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 09:53 For everything else you listed probably there's something similar being tested and developed on TMW2 as Legacy is not going to be improved that much.
I believe dual-wield will eventually be added to TMW2, but is currently not implemented.

TMW2 does not have any brawling/unarmed fighting skills (otherwise I would know of and use them). Here is a link to a thread that I created for more information about why Unarmed combat isn't feasible and cannot be implemented on Legacy: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20553

Assassin's Gear is being worked on for TMW2 by Jesusalva and others. Jesusalva knows more about what's going on with TMW2 development than I do, so he could expand on this a lot more thoroughly.

That's about all I know around this. Others can give more information . . .
Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon