Arena Map - Asking for help.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Arena Map - Asking for help.

Post by Platyna »

There is an unfinished map - Arena (6-1) is there any person who would be so kind and finish it so I could add it? I have a few plans regarding this area. The incomplete tile set is already in the distribution files. Completing this map is quite important for server content development, so I would be grateful if someone took this job. Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna on 23 Sep 2006, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

The current tileset sucks, it's flickering on tfts while you are moving in the arena.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

It is indeed crucial for short term content development so would some pixel artist be available to polish the tileset a bit?

Tenche, this could be the challenge and task you've been looking for.. ;) (although some more experienced pixel artist might finish this one in a shorter time: I'm suggesting a cooperative or a community process here.)
This message used to be meaningful.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

Ok so what do i do? it looks fine to me..

btw im going on vacation for a week ill be back later and finish this
Ultim
Novice
Novice

Post by Ultim »

The top-left two tiles of my mini tileset were meant for the arena (Image). Which pieces/objects are needed?
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

ok.... well i dunno what you want me to make
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Maybe some pixel artits could just create borders for bricks and it would be usable then. By word border i mean like they are breaking into pieces and surrunding area is eating them. As in the picture. they could be not directly "merged" to the sand but end in some transparency... (well mine ended in transparency) so they would be usable on every ground....
Just a suggestion.

Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Or it may be done like the bricks are not broken - just end.

Weel - it is just some suggestion. Even non artist could do this but it depends if itt would be used somewhere then.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

there is a problem with the circle. its aspect ratio is exactly 1:1, but we agreed to use an angle of 45°. that means it should have an aspect ratio of 1:2.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Crush wrote:there is a problem with the circle. its aspect ratio is exactly 1:1, but we agreed to use an angle of 45°. that means it should have an aspect ratio of 1:2.
No problem. Lets say it is oval :)
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

I dunno man, it doesn't look right.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

I was playing with the editor and created some cave arena map. I would be happy if it would be part of game some day. If you don't like the circle because it has wrong ratio I may erase it. (Or you may do it yourself :wink: ) But I'm not artist so I can't redraw it. :( I had to somewho upgrade the arena tiles so they may be put together with other grounds. So beside the map there are also tiles. The cave tile has just changed pink into transparent. The map isn't completly usable, because the colision definition isn't everywhere but is is just about 6 click in editor (you will see what I mean if you open it in editor). So the screenshot:

And link for downloading the map
http://hippo.nipax.cz/tmp/arenacave.tar.gz
I have no idea how to put it in the world :D (from which place there should be accessible and what creatures could live there,....)
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

That map looks like a evil ghost from Pac Man with legs and a horn..... :lol:

Sorry.Nice map. :)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Crush wrote:there is a problem with the circle. its aspect ratio is exactly 1:1, but we agreed to use an angle of 45°. that means it should have an aspect ratio of 1:2.
Actually that should be 4:3.

I think it's a very nice map. But with the pavement remnants on the floor, I think it could also use some "wall remnants" on the sides to make it feel more like a unmaintained underground complex.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

7:5 would actually come even closer to sin 45°