DOOMSDAY EVENT: Act 3

Where game and project announcements are made.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

DOOMSDAY EVENT: Act 3

Post by jesusalva »

DOOMSDAY EVENT
Act 5: The Final Battle - Interlude Part 2

Wiki Article

Hello mana world players! I hope everyone is doing well! :D

Doomsday Event will be in Interlude (part 1 & part 2) from June 11th until a date yet to be announcedSeptember 30th.

Take this breather time to restock and get prepared for the ultimate boss fight in The Mana World ever. (I hope. Boss fights are kinda stretched in TMW already D:)

Date and time TBA (To Be Announced)... In another thread →

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOOMSDAY EVENT
Act 3: The Great War

Following the events from Act 2, the foreigner assembles a bigger army and prepares to move against Hurnscald.

Even the most magicless person should be able to sense it arriving at Hurnscald Mines Entrance, ready to take over The Mana World.

After everyone gathered for the grand battle, an unknown enemy revealed themselves...

Event Schedule
EVERYDAY

09:00 -- Zax De'Kagen's army will deploy recon units at several maps.
Every map previously used by Mana Guardians and the town siege areas will have them.

18:00 -- Zax De'Kagen's will siege a town randomly. Failure to defend it will cause town to be overrun.

00:00 -- Zax De'Kagen's will siege a town randomly. Failure to defend it will cause town to be overrun.

All sieges end 45 minutes after begin, unless town is overrun.

What means, the "town will be overrun"?
Unkilled monsters will spawn inside the town.

How difficult sieges are?
The monsters are the same, but siege difficulty should increase as time passes, and also varies based on how many players attended it.

When will the event end?
Act 3 ends when Act 5 begins.

What about Act 4?
It'll start without interrupting Act 3.

----
JANDE'S ARMY

On the council meeting held right after the first invasion, Jande explained that he is the Great Dragon creator of Talpan Race, and his elemental is Earth.

He then offered to leave his army at player's disposal. However, in exchange, he would take over control of TMW towns, and several members of his army would replace NPCs.

(Spell invocation: #jande Cost: 100 MP + 1 Tiny Mana Elixir)

ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2020-04-11_16-22-03_22.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2020-04-11_16-22-03_22.png (535.38 KiB) Viewed 8590 times

Even if the majority of sages was favorable to it, the majority of players present at the meeting voted against (right side of the room).
Therefore, Jande will not interfere on TMW defense against Zax De'Kagen. He will, however, coordinate broadcasts about how Zax Army is moving.

A total of 46 players attended the event (not everyone went to the event zones or to the meeting chamber).

Zax De'Kagen is a being known as "The Mana Seal". He claims to have destroyed Keshlam, the first man settlement on TMW, in four parts: One was burned, one was buried, one was sunk and one is now floating on the air, lost forever.
He says his ultimate objective is to make with current towns a better job ruining them, that what he did with Keshlam.

...But are those their real intentions...?

Don't miss DOOMSDAY: ACT 4. On The Mana World.
(Date to be announced)

----
PS. TMWT reserves itself the right to cancel the event without a warning.
Eg. if no one shows up, if no one cares, etc. then there's little to no reason to make this interactive story. We could just write a wiki article and be done with.
So please participate <3

PPS. Zax De'Kagen reserves themselves the right to modify how they'll assault The Mana World at whim; However, event times will be upheld in every case.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: DOOMSDAY EVENT: ACT 3, April 11th, 18h UTC

Post by jesusalva »

DOOMSDAY EVENT
Act 3: The Great War

Following the events from Act 2, the foreigner assembles a bigger army and prepares to move against Hurnscald.

Even the most magicless person should be able to sense it arriving at Hurnscald Mines Entrance, ready to take over The Mana World.
When? April 11th, Saturday. At 18:00 UTC, which is The Mana World 16th birthday!! :D :D :D .

Where? The event will officially happen at HURNSCALD MINES ENTRANCE, the outside area. Be warned, powerful monsters will be there.

Will the attacking army succeed? The minimum amount of kills to prevent this from happening was published on Act 2 Event Details.
However, this event is not a formality to announce the results, so come with your best gear!

What will be the rewards? Most if not every Doomsday Event will not have any reward. Exceptionally, we may give a trinket or other, as any normal event.

However, event monsters will drop some unreleased items.
This event introduces two new monsters, and they're releasing the following items:
  • White Evoker's Robe (Blue)
  • Black Evoker's Robe (Blue)
  • Apprentice Robe
  • Enchanter's Amulet
Note: Paladin's Helmet is no longer available. Items released during this event may also be featured during GM events.

What about Easter?
Easter is on the Sunday 12th. There's no conflict between both.

What Doomsday is about?
Doomsday, The Final Day, The Judgement Day, or a new name which will show up around the later acts, will (re)introduce, explain, and connect the mana world lore.

Doomsday event will start picking up Legacy's Server lore and "end" in rEvolt's Server.
This includes every lore from TMW, and is the most important event from TMW Legacy.

I could not attend the event.
I may publish what happened to a wiki later, but this event will never, ever again, happen again.
The new monsters/music/map-decoration/etc. featured in this event may be entirely removed once the event concludes.

But don't worry, the event may take a long time until all acts are finished.

Additionaly, this event will feature later sub-events which will repeat automatically until the final act.

Is there anything else special on the invasion?
Yes. The monsters will give a good amount of experience.
Everyone asked for more monsters for players above level 100, and that's what we're adding.

The monsters on this act will give varying amounts from 42,000 to 45,000 experience points.

When will the event end?
Act 3 ends when Act 5 begins.

Again, there's no way to know, but anything you do or don't will inter with the event.

----
Eg. if no one shows up, if no one cares, etc. then there's little to no reason to make this interactive story. We could just write a wiki article and be done with.
So please participate <3

PPS. This does not change Easter event.
You can expect details about Easter soon soon :wink:

Statistics: This event has required around 18 hours of coding, 4 hours of art polishing, and has involved at least six staff members to happen.
All this effort are exclusively for this event, which will never repeat again.
(PPPS. + 20 hours of making art by non-TMWT members, which will however be used later)

Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: DOOMSDAY EVENT: Act 3

Post by Ledmitz »

During the meeting I was a bit confused. I said left but didn't clue in to move left. Sorry for that. I was trying to figure out NPC roles.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Numa
Mana Minion
Mana Minion

Post by Numa »

Council Meeting

Numa, under Rill-'s request, would like to invite everyone, in special Jande and the sages (Sagatha, Elanore, Nikolai, Morgan, Valia, Waric, Golbenez and Numa) for a Council Meeting

Scheduled to happen April 14th, at 18h45 UTC, after the siege.
To take place in Tulimshar. (Inside the Magic Council building, upstairs)

We count in everyone's presence!
-- Numa
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

DOOMSDAY EVENT
Act 4: «Title is still a secret»

Still within the events from Act 3, Zax De'Kagen minions decide their victory must be close.

In what seems to be their greatest feint ever, they send an important general of theirs.

Will they prevail? And how would Zax take the news, if one of their generals is slain?
Event Time
Tuesday at 18:00 -- Siege

Tuesday at 18:45 -- Sage Council in Tulimshar

Does this means that sieges will end?
No. Act 3 will continue even after siege is over.

Where will the event take place?
Zax De'Kagen didn't told us. We don't know.
You'll need to be online at event time to learn this out.

----
JANDE'S ARMY

The council can reconsider its prior decisions. It is advised to be present during council meeting.

----
Important! Do this for the best enjoyment of the event:
  • Enable FX environment, in Settings > Visual. Set it to "High".
  • Disable Gamma Control in same place if you experience visual issues.
  • Enable particle effects on the same place.
  • Enable SFX In Settings > Audio. Remember to have audio enabled!
  • (Optional) enable music as well. The music will change during event, but this change is not preserved if you die during the event.
----
So please participate <3

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

IMPORTANT

The council, at Celestia house, composed by about 13 players + NPCs,
HAS DECIDED THAT:
"All Soul Menhirs will be taken so Jande can make armors with the Zealite Ore which composes them of. This way, the Jande's Army will be stronger. Only reversible techiniques will be used; So the armors will be smelt back and the menhirs will be returned before Act 5 begins."

Note 1: Existing links should be able to survive a few weeks, even after the Menhirs are disassembled.

Note 2: Candor, for some reason, is magical enough, so the Menhir there will not be taken.
Council Meeting
Council Meeting
Meeting4.webp (186.76 KiB) Viewed 7822 times
As with previous meeting, left is favorable and right is against.

Players have about 24 hours to make or renew Menhir links, before they're taken away!

Numa
Mana Minion
Mana Minion

Post by Numa »

Council Meeting

Numa would like to invite everyone, in special Jande and the sages (Sagatha, Elanore, Nikolai, Morgan, Valia, Waric, Golbenez and Numa) for a Council Meeting

Scheduled to happen May 26th, at 18h45 UTC, after the siege.
To take place in Hurnscald. (In Celestia's Meeting Room)

-- Numa
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Numa wrote: 26 May 2020, 15:39 by Numa » Tue May 26, 2020 3:39 pm
Numa wrote: 26 May 2020, 15:39 Scheduled to happen May 26th, at 18h45 UTC
I don't check forum every day, but this post was made the same day as the meeting. I missed it obviously. Sorry either way. I like to be present for them, when possible.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Ledmitz wrote: 29 May 2020, 14:22
Numa wrote: 26 May 2020, 15:39 by Numa » Tue May 26, 2020 3:39 pm
Numa wrote: 26 May 2020, 15:39 Scheduled to happen May 26th, at 18h45 UTC
I don't check forum every day, but this post was made the same day as the meeting. I missed it obviously. Sorry either way. I like to be present for them, when possible.
(Actually it was announced ingame the day before :< Then I realized - it should also be on forums :< The reason is because the gift which can be claimed in Hurnscald.)

Oh, did I forgot to say that the chant for #manatez costs 100 MP and a Large Mana Elixir?

SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

jesusalva wrote: 29 May 2020, 17:11 Oh, did I forgot to say that the chant for #manatez costs 100 MP and a Large Mana Elixir?
You did (at least on forums, I think), but players figured it out anyway.
Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
Numa
Mana Minion
Mana Minion

Post by Numa »

Council Meeting

Numa would like to invite everyone, in special Jande and the sages (Sagatha, Elanore, Nikolai, Morgan, Valia, Waric, Golbenez and Numa) for a Council Meeting

Scheduled to happen June 12th, at 18h00 UTC. There will be no siege.
To take place in Nivalis. (In Blue Sage's Library).

A new area will open. Time is of essence to reap the best rewards!

-- Numa

PS. There will be a scheduled maintenance before the meeting, to add the changes to live.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Hello hello,
I wanted to say that for the best optimal planning and Real Life (RL) constraints, we'll be extending the limit for Maze Runs until

SUNDAY, JUNE 21st - 17h30 Server Time

Please do not take the final time for granted. We may adjust this time for several reasons without prior notice.

Players still at the maze during event closure may be forcefully warped away/killed if GMs deem it necessary.

Side Note: There may be an event to cheer players successful maze completion afterwards (around 18h), so stay tuned! The 21st is also the begin of summer, my birthday, and Father's Day in several countries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Happy birthday!

SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

Happy (early) Birthday, Jesusalva!

Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Where are you Birthday Boy? Have a very good birthday Jesusalva. I'll troll you in game if I see you around.