Sound development requirements

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Sound development requirements

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Can't tell right now and I'd have to hear it again but pretty sure chilling environment was by me too under a different file name:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12932&hilit=Chilling_Environment

I'll have to listen to it again to confirm but I am currently on vacation with my husband.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

You are Correct. ScaryCave.mp3 looks like an early submission of Chilling Environment. I love that one and when I heard it the first time I thought it should get used in a scary cave. You know how to set a feel. I made a file for notes like this on my dropbox to help keep track of lost and forgotten content. I'll have to keep my findings in the newer file, Credits_ext.txt. I'll add more as I come across them.

Chilling Environment was submitted in 2011. 9 years later we are discussing it. I've been trying to save all I can. Even have old sprite sheets here.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I also realized getting sounds one at a time would be a lengthy process. I zipped each folder for those that want to browse faster. The folder/zip local-UpdateFiles can be used to test everything, but has not been made up to date. How buggy it is depends on how many updates legacy has received since then. For those that don't know much about testing, update servers do not overwrite server files. Each updates server has its own local folder, much like patching your local folder can't harm the game permanently. To test just put the contents of local-UpdateFiles in the local folder. Windows users should be able to find the local folder somewhere in "Documents and Settings". In Linux or at least Debian, it's here:
$HOME/.local/share/mana/updates/themanaworld.github.io/tmwa-server-data/local/

Testing is simple and harmless. The updates server was done before certain fixes so some things won't be correct. For the most up to date, just patch local folder.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Update site has been updated and working well. Some new content. Setzer continued too:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=16938&p=160345#p160345