TMW 0.0.20 Client built on 10.3.9

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
federico
Peon
Peon

TMW 0.0.20 Client built on 10.3.9

Post by federico »

Thought I would start a new thread on this just in case anyone else wanted to try this to get in on the game on OS X 10.3.9.
Post any errors you encounter.

Download: tmw-0.0.20-mac-10.3.9.dmg

Original thread for more info: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1684
nayr
Novice
Novice

Post by nayr »

ok, a couple tips. ;)

1.) don't dynamically link libs that don't come standard on machines. like guichan.
2.) turn debug off. The size of your binary is huge.
3.) put all of your data IN the data folder.
4.) package the music

uhh... that's about it for now.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

well, at least there is finally someone who feels responsible for creating a binary for our mac users.
federico
Peon
Peon

Post by federico »

It was really just a test being that I myslef had recently aquired a mac notebook that had the 10.3.9 os on it. The current build was riddled with problems for that os version. The binary isn't much bigger than the original, I had made it 30mg when I created the disk image with disk utility just to make sure I had enough of an image to hold all of it.

I am a c#.net windows kind of guy so it was my first time building anything in a mac environment (although I have some linux background),

I am glad I am a quick study because I was able to solve the Quicktime issue that prevented me from building it in the first place along with taking guichan and phys and coverting them into mac framework libraries to make them easier to use in a xcode project.

I apologize for missing the music (didn't even realize it), and not putting the folders under a data parent directory but like I said I wasn't going for anything official just trying to help out.
nayr
Novice
Novice

Post by nayr »

just suggestions.

Again, a better build (MIGHT work on panther, don't have one to test it on) is here: http://themanaworld.org/tmw-0.0.20.1-mac.dmg

PLEASE tell me if it works, or I'll go back to tiger builds only because I assume that it doesnt work.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Hi, I'm very happy that someone make the MacOSX release :-)But when I download it it fails to mount. :cry:
nayr
Novice
Novice

Post by nayr »

hmm...
what version of mac os x are you using? :/
Maughetar
Peon
Peon

Post by Maughetar »

Neither works for me, they both flash and then quit. Where do I get the error log to post up?
Fear Me! For I am your apocalypse!
nayr
Novice
Novice

Post by nayr »

look in the console (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app)
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

I downloaded the version from SourceForge and it worked :D I only had to copy it out from the disk into some othe directory with write access. My system: 10.4.7
I would also welcome keyboard targeting patch since I have iBook and no mouse :D
nayr
Novice
Novice

Post by nayr »

uhh... keyboard targetting?

oooh...

Walk up to them and press shift-control.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

nayr wrote:uhh... keyboard targetting?

oooh...

Walk up to them and press shift-control.
If you walk to them, they hit you :D If you have mouse, you may target them. But if you don't, you are in trouble. And anyway switchong from keyboard to mouse isn't comfortable for right hand. I created patch, such that when you press 'a' the nearest monster is targeted.
The thread is here:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1382
Well OK the patch doesn't work with latest release since it changed internal structures but is is easy to upgrade. I'll try to ask why it isn't eccepted....
It is very addictive to use it :D
nayr
Novice
Novice

Post by nayr »

uugh, I threw out the source. I'll have to rebuild the xcode project... not fun.
Succustra
Peon
Peon

Post by Succustra »

Alderan wrote:I downloaded the version from SourceForge and it worked :D I only had to copy it out from the disk into some othe directory with write access. My system: 10.4.7
I would also welcome keyboard targeting patch since I have iBook and no mouse :D
That actually fixed my issue of starting the game and connecting. The only problem that appeared now is that the graphics are all mixed up. The screen is all scrambled (only in the windowed game) and once I get in the game, the background and npcs look fine, so does the hair of the players, but the bodies and everyone else is one scrambled block where the figure should be.

Any ideas?