[TMW-2: Moubootaur Legends BETA] Graphic glitch in LOF Village at 161, 135

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

[TMW-2: Moubootaur Legends BETA] Graphic glitch in LOF Village at 161, 135

Post by Livio »

ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.tmw2.org_2020-06-30_19-21-12_2.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.tmw2.org_2020-06-30_19-21-12_2.png (317.93 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
Last edited by WildX on 30 Jun 2020, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moving to bug reports (keeping post to help ML to not lose track)
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [TMW-2: Moubootaur Legends BETA] Graphic glitch in LOF Village at 161, 135

Post by WildX »

Doesn't ML have a forum these days? This board is for The Mana World only. Leaving this up because bugs must die.

Also wrong section for bug report. What a mess. 2/10 :lol:

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 17:22

(attachment)

Good practices note: When reporting mapping bugs, it is usually a good idea to also inform the coordinates. For any server :)

Thankfully Land of Fire Village only have odd shapes, so it is not so hard to find out where houses are (would be more painful if it was a tree, for example)

WildX wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 20:58

Doesn't ML have a forum these days?

Moubootaur Legends had a FlexBB forum, which was deactivated in... June 2018, I think.

Lack of use and need, most bug reports goes either in IRC or in Discord, usually.

(Just for reference)

Leaving this up because bugs must die.

BUGS MUST DIE
KILL THE BUGS
HAVE NO MERCY
THEY ARE PERVERSIONS OF THE DEVELOPERS GOOD INTENTIONS

Hides behind a barricade and brandishes his Nerf Machine Gun (TM) at bugs, while shouting, "I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU!" :alt-=:

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

This board is for The Mana World only.

I thought that TMW-2: Moubootaur Legends BETA is part of The Mana World.
I believe that you are telling me that, despite similar names, those games aren't part of same community.

Also wrong section for bug report. What a mess. 2/10 :lol:

Sorry, my bad.
I was even going to make even more screenshots of LOF Village but got other players telling me that map bugs are too many to post on forums.

jesusalva wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 02:14

Thankfully Land of Fire Village only have odd shapes, so it is not so hard to find out where houses are (would be more painful if it was a tree, for example)

For what I've managed to discover, it looks like a simple Z-Order issue to me.

BUGS MUST DIE
KILL THE BUGS
HAVE NO MERCY
THEY ARE PERVERSIONS OF THE DEVELOPERS GOOD INTENTIONS

Bugs are not perversions but simple distraction, lack of knowledge, lack of time or project priority driven issues to me.
About killing bugs I rarely see players killing mana bugs in legacy (I mean those blue flying monsters).

Thankfully Land of Fire Village only have odd shapes...

As its soundtrack. It seems fitted more for a snowy forest dungeon to me but it's cool, I like it. Even better that the damn flute ruining Nivalis.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 09:14

Thankfully Land of Fire Village only have odd shapes...

As its soundtrack. It seems fitted more for a snowy forest dungeon to me but it's cool, I like it. Even better that the damn flute ruining Nivalis.

Fun fact: LoF theme song was made for Thermin (located west of Nivalis) by Chicka Maria.
I've refitted it and changed a bit the loop rules so it fits better on LoF.

The reason for the choice was the common element between LoF and Thermin: Both were planned to be steampunk towns (and neither got to fulfill their original plans to their fullest extent. Not that this means anything on long-term, I mean, this is an open source free software environment. Anyone could come and add Thermin - in past, we had Crush tackling Hurnscald alone and by himself - and the LoF Development Team is still alive building their own server/client).

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Aeuda
Peon
Peon

Post by Aeuda »

Offtopic, but when I was a n00b I farmed manabugs a bit; they're the first mob a player will encounter that has the 'assists' trait, so I remember thinking early on that I might be able to get a lot of xp by farming them XD.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Livio wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 09:14

This board is for The Mana World only.

I thought that TMW-2: Moubootaur Legends BETA is part of The Mana World.
I believe that you are telling me that, despite similar names, those games aren't part of same community.

The similar name was Saulc's choice. The game is not part of The Mana World. It's an independent fork. Evol Online had its own website, forums and social media until it merged with TMW so it's kind of the same deal.

Rules used to be very strict about "advertising forks", but having been on the smaller fork's side I really don't think that attitude is beneficial. The only reason I care about keeping it separate is to keep things well organised. I think it would benefit ML to have a forum board of its own anyway *looks at Jesusalva*.

TMW Team member

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Lots of little map bugs on ML. Saw some here too. There are collision tiles in places where there is nothing. Usually it is the home of something unseen, like a chest. The Illia chests are an example here. If you go on the stage you will run into 'nothing', but if you beat Illia, there are chests there. If the chests have their own collision data, this may be the cause.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak