Xmas release

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Xmas release

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

My intention was to release the 0.0.8a version at christmas time.

This version should feature:
- Auto-updating patch client (I'm waiting for Alex to finish the window)
- Final version of the male playerset, all the actions added! (Necromus and neko-mon working on them I hope)
- Clothing system (noone working on it at the moment, so I think I have to manage it myself)
- Xmas quest: bring some rare objects to a NPC to receive a Santa's hat (I've asked Bear to do something for it)
- [Optional] New GUI system (SimEdw & Krismichael working on it, but I didn't hear from them from some days)
- [Optional] Map editor (Sull is working on it and I hope it finishes as soon as possible, so Chetic doesn't have no more excuses and will have to work hard)
- [Optional] Amzeroth tilesets (I asked this task to so many artists...but nothing useful until now: I hope Neorice will come out with one of his great pieces of art :D )

If you have any suggestion, please reply to this topic :wink:
If you want to contribute, please contact me or one of the devs 8)
If you are one of the devs/artists mentioned above please leave some infos about the status of your task, the time needed to complete it, a way to reach you, or some excuses for your late :lol:

Come on boys, we should make this one the greatest MMORPG ever! :D
Funesto
Peon
Peon

Post by Funesto »

sounds awesome, I cant wait till Cristmas :D
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Bear »

The script is as good as done for the Santa hat quest ^^, you may want to make some healing items such as Candy canes and Decorated cake or sumthing ^^
Just a suggestion, btw, check ur PMs, i need a few item#
i need :
Santa hat
items#1
items#2
and so on, depending how many items you are requiring.
also the quantity of items needed to make the hat
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Update

It seems like a TODO list now...

[Optional]New graphic engine with design patterns optimizations
[Optional]New filters for slow computers: scanlines, TV-effect ?, radar ?

Bear: before giving you the items # I need a clean database, can you make one for me containing the objects in the wiki? Then add as your wish some other objects like candy canes, cakes and so on and post them here, so I can ask the artists to make graphic for them.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

How about posting that as a news item on the main site? It'd be good if people saw that we're still alive and kicking. Usually people tend to think that a project is dead if there are no news in a while.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

As far as I know you have the power to do that :wink:
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

unfortunately i was very busy up to know this week. anyway, i'm not home during the weekend either so i have no chance of sending elven the patched patcher sources (LOL) since my machines at home are all down but the gateway... :cry:

so, what goes for the xmas release... i think there finally should be sound in the game. i am willing to try my best to make some sound effects and someone could play in a xmas kindof tune for the bgm or menus, eh? how 'bout that?

i mean the sound system is in the game already and i think it's time to make use of it. :D
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
krismichael
Novice
Novice

Post by krismichael »

This week has been really busy for me as well, but I should have some free time this next week to finish up the GUI. SimEd did some coding work already and it seems to be working fine. Him and I should be able to get the new GUI done in time for the Xmas release.
It's not my fault I'm new here! :)
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Bear »

Well, i was thinking how boring and repetative leveling is on any games original servers so... i would like to suggest that we make leveling worth while and maybe some kinds of rewards for achieving
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Update

- Autoupdating patch client (I'll work on it, Alex gave me his code)
- Neko-mon is working on sword attack and magic casting (Probably we will switch to high res sprites so let's see)
- Clothing system: requires the playerset to reach it's final version, so it's on hold now.
- Xmas quest: COMPLETED A big thank you goes to Bear for completing his task (Now we only need a Santa sprite for the NPC)
- New GUI: decided to use Guichan, Bjorn is working on it. Waiting for krismichael to complete the graphic.
- Map editor. Tiled seems a good choice, and since we have the coder with us let's go for it.
- Tilesets: still in progress but lot of people working on them.
- About new graphic engine and filters, well they're in progress
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

MP

Post by Bear »

Also, aside from that quest, i was hoping to get that MP(Reward Point System) thing in as well, elven knows what im talking about :D

but for those who dont know, its a rewarding system.
When killing monsters, you earn points.
You can use these points to talk to some npcs, to indicate youv killed many monsters :D. OR you can trade them in for prizes :o

for those who have played FFXI, its similar to the Conquest points.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Of course, how can I forget the MP system? It will be added too for the Xmas release.
8)
Yuuki
Novice
Novice

Post by Yuuki »

:) its looks good!
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I was also thinking (yeah I've a lot of time to waste on thinking) that it could be great to have a nice background to replace the current one in the login section. It shouldn't be xmas related.

Krismichael: if you have time can you think on it? Maybe you can just grab one of nev's drawings and color it?
We can also create a wallpaper for your desktops with it :wink:
MuRkY sLaYeR
Peon
Peon

Post by MuRkY sLaYeR »

Quick question here - is there a way to optimize the game a bit better so that it runs faster? I mean, I don't have the GREATEST computer ever, but Graal Online, another 2D game, very graphically intense with many dozens of players, runs flawlessly on my computer. However, I found this very basic game with like 0-2 players to run at a painful 4fps consistently. I'm not sure whether this is something you're working on already, I just thought I'd bring it up.
---