sprites position

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
ksso
Novice
Novice

sprites position

Post by ksso »

Hi

Well, I do not know if is a bug, or if its valid to post prior the next release, or if is not relevant cause will not be ported, however, here it is (also do not know if tittle is ok ;)

Sometimes the monster yeti not faces the player char (mainly happens to big ranged monsters like yeti)
Sometimes the monster faces wrong direction when is very near, it overlaps player char
Shadow of blue slime is blue, as the slime (or is not its shadow?)

Attachments
shadow of blue slime is the same colour as the slime itself
shadow of blue slime is the same colour as the slime itself
blueslime.png (7.32 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
monster wrong direction facing, over player char
monster wrong direction facing, over player char
yeti2.png (51.65 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
monster not facing the player char
monster not facing the player char
yeti1.png (34.37 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Re: sprites position

Post by Livio »

ksso wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 17:44

Shadow of blue slime is blue, as the slime (or is not its shadow?)

Probably is the smaller blue slime that detaches and quickly go to autodestroy itself on you.

ksso wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 17:44

Sometimes the monster yeti not faces the player char (mainly happens to big ranged monsters like yeti)
Sometimes the monster faces wrong direction when is very near, it overlaps player char

Yetis are strong, furry and rude they don't give a damn about looking at you on your face: Barbarians noticed them to become more aggressive than usual and yetis kidnapped a defenseless little girl that lives near the Nivalis' dock.
They only understand violence: Celestia's husband died because of them and if you don't believe me try entering her home with a yeti mask on you.

ksso
Novice
Novice

Post by ksso »

Probably is the smaller blue slime that detaches and quickly go to autodestroy itself on you.

That would be nice for the slime blasts, indeed

I still have not done angela' quest, will look then :shock:
edit: Celestia' different, later give a try:)

Last edited by ksso on 21 Sep 2020, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

As an archer I put slime blasts as high-priority target.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Ah yes, the tiny blue body is NOT a shadow, it is a sprite on its own.

Yeti also only have four directions, so when you are at diagonal it must chose one. It'll obviously look wrong, I guess.

When you are at point-blank range, there is no way to calculate direction (likely causes a division by zero), so it will use the default direction (usually, "down", but for some monsters it might be "up").

After all, it is not reading what direction you're facing, but calculating the angle from the monster relative to you. When you are on the same tile, there is no angle to calculate. So it must use a default. (Probably could take player direction in this case but most likely would end up just serving to add extra calculations and, naturally, lag)

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

ksso
Novice
Novice

Post by ksso »

idk, however, may be try a way that none monster stands at a diagonal position (when attacks a player char), so it does not look that way. So if some time the monster (when player char moves) is in a diagonal position, it will move to a none diagonal position (in regard to player char)