Help needed: MA on open-source game development

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Help needed: MA on open-source game development

Post by jesusalva »

Oh, that wasn't me. IIRC it was the TMW Maker from TMW-BR Team (no longer compatible... *sigh*)

Ideally, Hocus would like something structured like this:

Which looks cool but have two core issues...

1. Spreadsheets are horrible to work with and to do that, they're not even a workflow tool!
2. It does not have meta content, so it cannot be reused to generate quests.xml nor wiki

So yea, pretty much without ideas... Ideally they should (more like, must) be generated directly from NPC files, but even parsing that with our inconsistent and ever-changing syntax sounds like a nightmare.

EDIT: Livio, please be sure to bring me flowers. Bees are optional. I'm sure they'll try to carbonize me when we start discussing about releasing at the end of the year ^_-

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your interest in our project. Was a pleasure to fill your survey.
Whenever you need more information, do not hesitate to contact me directly via pm or e-mail.

If you want to keep track on what is happening in our project, or if you have some time to spare, feel free to pass by at our IRC channel; I will be around there most of the time.

• Mick
Jules
Newly Registered User

Post by Jules »

Thank you all for the extensive insights, it helps a lot! I'll keep lurking around, eventually poking some of you with additional questions or the yearning to hear mighty tales of old.
Right now, I keep me busy by crunching through the responses and preparing everything for a proper evaluation.

Thanks again
Jules

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Come on Julian! Say that we are the best open source community you ever met!

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

I've got "403 Forbidden". Seems you don't like Tor, eh? At which point I guess I'll question "is completely anonymous" part of story since whole thing appears to be hostile to anonymous approach. Well, I'm not a great gamedev so not a huge loss I guess.

Jules
Newly Registered User

Post by Jules »

t3st3r wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 01:30

I've got "403 Forbidden". Seems you don't like Tor, eh? At which point I guess I'll question "is completely anonymous" part of story since whole thing appears to be hostile to anonymous approach. Well, I'm not a great gamedev so not a huge loss I guess.

Sorry to hear you have troubles. I am connecting without any problems through a Tor node. The server is not setup to block specific requests.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Jules wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 01:15

Sorry to hear you have troubles. I am connecting without any problems through a Tor node. The server is not setup to block specific requests.

I got a error 403 (forbidden) too. The server IS blocking requests coming from tor network.
Once the proxy is disabled the page finally opens.