THE GREAT EVENT TRIAD (Halloween 2020)

Where game and project announcements are made.
Numa
Mana Minion
Mana Minion

THE GREAT EVENT TRIAD (Halloween 2020)

Post by Numa »

We at The Mana World Team and with the help of Crew of Red Corsair, with much blood, sweat, tears, effort, caffeine, unslept nights, and etcetera, proudly present to you

THE GREAT EVENT TRIAD

Which will be happening from mid-September until early November, before The Final Snapshot is taken. Be sure to participate! Things might also take a sudden turn near the event end, so watch out for a (surprise) fourth event, and happy (anticipated) Halloween!

(PS. There is a short calendar at the end of the post for your convenience!)

Halloween 2020 - Council Meeting

Numa would like to invite every player and the sages (Sagatha, Elanore, Nikolai, Morgan, Valia, Waric, Golbenez and Numa) for a Council Meeting

Scheduled to happen September 26th, at 18h00 UTC.
To take place in Celestia's Manor (Hurnscald).

Subject: Jande's whereabouts.

We count on everyone's presence!
-- Numa

PS. The manor will only open at the scheduled date.

PvP Tournament Event V

After the council meeting, there will be two PVP Groups as usual:
lvl 89- and 90+, both on Saturday 26th at 20:00 server-time. :alt-6:

We will have the tournaments in this sequence:

89- Prizes:
Quarter Finals- 25,000 GP
Semi Finals- 50,000 GP
Finals:
Loser gets- 100,000
Winner gets- [TBD]

90+ Prizes:
Quarter Finals- 25,000 GP
Semi Finals- 50,000 GP
Finals:
Loser gets- 100,000
Winner gets- [TBA. Hint: Depends on the number of players!]

Rules:

• We WILL be checking IPs. You can join only ONE TOURNAMENT (89- or 90+), so DO NOT use alts to participate in both.

• Players are NOT ALLOWED to use #friyllar, #kaflosh, #jande, and #manatez spells during the PvP tournament. If we catch you casting one of these spells you will automatically lose the battle. (GMs will be invisibly watching players.)

• Fight will be in a designated map area. Keep in mind there will be aggressive monsters. If you die YOU ARE OUT.

• If players are not able to kill their opponent after a certain time, we will start spawning stronger monsters, so the last person standing will pass to the next round.

• Players are NOT allowed to use [savior armor] during the PvP Tournament.

• If you accidentally use the towel, we will not recall you back. Opponent passes to the next round!

How will this work?
We will be @recalling 2 people at a time to a map. Whoever dies will respawn in Hurnscald (You are out!). I will keep track of the wins/losses.
Before the event I will post the chart so people have an idea of whom they will fight, and how the system will work.

IMPORTANT-: If you want to participate in this event, add the name of the char you will be using (exact name) and your lvl. Kytty will make a chart before the event to keep track of the winners, and post it on forums. Opponents will be chosen according to levels. Keep in mind the class you will choose! Don't complain during the event that you will be fighting against a mage! :lol: If you don't arrive at the event on time, you will automatically lose, and your opponent will pass to the next round.
You have until Friday 25th, 23:00 to post if you want to participate! ANYTHING AFTER THAT TIME WON'T BE ADDED TO THE CHART :shock:

Important Notice:
If we don't have more than 4 in 89- or 90+ Tournament, individual tournament will be cancelled.
-- Kytty

Previous Event Videos →
Live Stream on official YouTube channel → (hopefully)

HUNT THE HUNGRY FLUFFIES V

Start Date: Friday, September 18, 2020
Final Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Place: Barbarian Village in Nivalis

Directions:

• To participate in this event, follow the instructions for "The First Quest - Hunting Hungry Fluffies"

• Winners will be the five highest recorded scores during this time frame:
    Friday, September 18, 2020, through Wednesday, September 30, 2020.

• To check player scores, click on NPC Kimarr. (NPC Kimarr will have a separate time-stamped record of the top 15 highest scores for this event.)

• The hunt is redoable.

• No more than one prize will be allowed per person/player.

Prizes:

Winners will be able to choose from the following list, in the order of their score rankings:

1. Heart of Isis

2. Terranite Head

3. Reading Glasses

4. Witch Doctor Mask

5. Mystery Prize

(Only one of each item is available.)

Consolation prizes will be given to those contenders who don't finish in the top five.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting! :D

-- Crew of Red Corsair

Calendar for Dummies

1. Fri 18/09/2020 - The Hungry Fluffies V - begin

2. Sat 26/09/2020 18:00 UTC - Council Meeting

3. Sat 26/09/2020 20:00 UTC - PVP Tournament V

4. Wed 30/09/2020 - The Hungry Fluffies V - deadline

5. Thu 01/10/2020 - Halloween 2020 - begin

6. Sat 24/10/2020, 18:30 UTC - ??????????????

7. Mon 02/11/2020, ??:?? UTC - The Final Snapshot (details to be disclosed later)

* formatted in DD/MM/YYYY

ksso
Novice
Novice

Re: THE GREAT EVENT TRIAD (Halloween 2020)

Post by ksso »

3333333 78

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Due lack of suffice timely inscriptions, PVP Tournament V has been cancelled.
But we'll still have a special Halloween edition PVP Tournament in october, so stay tuned!

I hope to see everyone at tomorrow's Council Meeting! \o/

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Numa
Mana Minion
Mana Minion

Post by Numa »

Event Details

Date: October 1st ~ October 24th
Prizes: randomly, one of the following: Eyepatch, Mouboo Head, Goggles, Leather Goggles, Sailor Hat, Skull Mask, Face Mask. (PER PERSON)
Readoable: No, globally. Read details below.

The Sage Council has been investigating Jande's sudden disappearance after the events of Doomsday Act 5, Interlude II, with the help of the mana guardian army.

With the help of Golbenez and Sagatha (Golbenez being mostly interested in undead squirrels - coming soon™ in your everyday TMW game), Jande, the Great Dragon of Earth and (self-proclaimed) creator of the Talpan Race, has been located to be in the Underworld.

According to Golbenez, the path to the underworld has been sealed long before the dimension came to existence, and this seal is currently known as The Eternal Seals (or "The Eternal Prision").

There is no known way to reach The Underworld*, however. Not even the (remaints of) Blue Sage's Library had documented a way to do so.

Will our brave adventurers succeed where mages, sages, squirrels, undead and mana guardians tried and failed? Will they be able to rescue Jande?

Halloween 2020 - Rescuing Jande
“A trip to The Underworld”

Important: Black Roses will behave strangely during the whole event.

Note: To rescue Jande, a fight will happen. Winning this fight will yield the rewards. This fight cannot be repeated, and has no fixed date nor time to happen (it will happen when players make it happen).

Staff may (but are not required to) allow this fight to be repeated; As well as schedule extra attempts after Jande is rescued. They may also control so alts do not participate twice (and thus, obtain rewards twice).

Lore Information: "The Underworld" is a very specific section unreachable and sealed off from existence, where damned beings since existence is known are kept. However, with time, the use of this term has evolved to to refer to a group of dimensions and locations unreachable by mortals - including dead, not yet born, and seldomly, even places which do not logically exist. Jande's army, not being so keen on Talpan common terms, are not aware of this generalization which happened over time.

As such, during this event, "The Underworld" will be used on its "original" meaning, while other parallel parts will be referred by other generic names ("deleted dimensions", "world of dead", "dark lords domains", "world of unborn", "end of time", etc etc etc.)

PS. Extra attempts granted by staff are blessings and non-canon. (Canonically, Jande is only rescued once, at the first player attempt). Thus, out of their own good will. Annoying staff to grant extra attempts may be counter-productive. Only a limited number of staff members are allowed to do this, so, DO NOT abuse of their goodwill. Allowing or disallowing alts to get prizes are GM decision.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Instructions for the lazy:

1. Figure out a way to enter the underworld with your friends

2. Find where Jande could be being kept

3. Try to keep yourself alive until you manage to free Jande

4. Event can only be done once, but GMs may allow the fight to free Jande to be repeated, when and if they are feeling like it. And they may also impose rules eg. no alts.

Abuse may cause event cancellation, or the abuser to be removed from the event or made ineligible for rewards.

Events begins at Oct 1st and ends at the 24th.
Trick'n'Treat will also be available as usual.

Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Crew of Red Corsair
Novice
Novice

Post by Crew of Red Corsair »

Numa wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 22:30

HUNT THE HUNGRY FLUFFIES V

Start Date: Friday, September 18, 2020
Final Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Place: Barbarian Village in Nivalis

Directions:

• To participate in this event, follow the instructions for "The First Quest - Hunting Hungry Fluffies"

• Winners will be the five highest recorded scores during this time frame:
    Friday, September 18, 2020, through Wednesday, September 30, 2020.

• To check player scores, click on NPC Kimarr. (NPC Kimarr will have a separate time-stamped record of the top 15 highest scores for this event.)

• The hunt is redoable.

• No more than one prize will be allowed per person/player.

Prizes:

Winners will be able to choose from the following list, in the order of their score rankings:

1. Heart of Isis

2. Terranite Head

3. Reading Glasses

4. Witch Doctor Mask

5. Mystery Prize

(Only one of each item is available.)

Consolation prizes will be given to those contenders who don't finish in the top five.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting! :D

-- Crew of Red Corsair

Ahoy, everyone!

Wednesday, September 30th, is the last day to compete in Hunt the Hungry Fluffies V

Don’t miss out!
:D

Crew of Red Corsair
Novice
Novice

Post by Crew of Red Corsair »

Hunt the Hungry Fluffies V is now concluded, and these are the winning scores:

1st: kytty - 412
2nd: Regulus - 407
3rd: Hello=) - 357
4th: Micksha - 269
5th: kzexio - 243

Please contact CRC for prize selection, which is based on your score ranking.

In addition, consolation prizes in the amounts indicated are available from CRC for the following contenders:

6th: omido - 150 (100,000 gp)
7th: Attilio il Ramarro - 145 (90,000 gp)
8th: matto – 115 (80,000 gp)
9th: xarxax - 112 (70,000 gp)
10th: Jersey Devil - 95 (60,000 gp)
11th: m3a. – 60 (50,000 gp)
12th: Jesusalva – 41 (40,000 gp)
13th: The pink wolf - 36 (30,000 gp)
14th: 3333333 – 34 (20,000 gp)
15th: Thren - 31 (10,000 gp)

CRC wishes to thank TMWT and members of the guild for their generosity in supporting this event.

Congratulations to all participants! We sincerely hope you enjoyed it. :D

(Updated October 1, 2020)
Here is what the winners selected:

kytty – Reading Glasses
Regulus – Witch Doctor’s Mask
Hello=)Mystery Prize - Mask of Blinking Evil (Orange)
Micksha – Terranite Head
kzexio – Heart of Isis

Happy Halloween!

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

What happens if Jande dies?

For short: You'll make your lazy admin take 6 hours of his precious time to rework stuff he already finished coding to accommodate that, so please don't fail as lazy admin is lazy :alt-7: :lol:

Anyway, a week since the event began, the current projections says that if nothing changes, players will NOT be able to rescue Jande until the 24th.

So here is a short insight on what will happen, as requested by Hello=)...

1. Zax De'Kagen will fulfill his long dream of cutting down Hurnscald Tree......... Well, no. He'll burn down the whole town. When you login, you'll find Hurnscald:

• Without buildings

• Without trees

• Without flowers and benches

• i.e. Without anything in Fringe and Over layers or warps :p

The NPCs will be there, but buildings will not be accessible. From overground, that is. Some buildings (eg. the Inn) have underground passages which will remain usable. Buildings without underground access (eg. Archery) will remain inaccessible.

...And I'll waste solid 4 hours to delete the stuff :alt-4:

2. Tal will take over the events.

The Final Battle must happen because I wasted over 30 hours doing that, because destroying Hurnscald is only a cool plus from Zax's evil ambitions, and because Nu'Rem already died. (And it would be anticlimactic if Zax were to complete his evil plans and players could not even try to stop him)

so I'll drag Tal and give him some of Jande's old dialogues. I know he did not want to involve himself directly - But hey, I don't care for his reasons. By the way, Tal is the self-proclaimed creator of the Tritan race.

3. There will be an option to rebuild Hurnscald.

Yay, a global quest! Hurnscald maps will be rolled back after players donate a non-exhaustive list of resources and materials to rebuild the town we all love. Here is the sketch of the list I've wrote with Hello=) and by no means final:

• 10,000 Raw Logs

• 5,000 Chicken Legs

• 3,500 Coal

• 2,500 Iron Ore

• 1,000 Grass Seeds

• 100,000,000 GP

• Etc...

I'll probably find someone more sane to make the item list, though.

4. Jande will not necessarily die.

I mean, he will still be in the Underworld and it'll be super duper easy for Zax De'Kagen to enact his evil plans while Jande is powerless, and etcetra........ (Did I said Zax is a Talpan, too?)

So Jande wll be out of scene for longer than I had originally planned, but hey. Community Game. Fate decided by players. Don't wanna to rescue Jande because he is annoying, too arrogant, a traitor (?), a power-grabber (??) or whatever? Sure, I'll respect that decision :alt-9:

But be aware of the consequences which are above stated. Is it worth helping a potential enemy for a greater good? ... Who knows? Up to you! :P

Well, and this is what people asked me about, and here is the answer. Which is not final and might change.

Anyway, I hope yall manage to rescue Jande (as it also took quite some hours to make the whole event, and a lot of it would go to waste as it is non-repeatable...), but if you don't, I'll start thinking on where will be my new AFK spot once the signpost is gone :alt-4: :alt-0:

Jesusalva out!

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

JANDE HAS BEEN RESCUED

Post by jesusalva »

JANDE HAS BEEN RESCUED!

It was a saturday evening. The underworld was rainy, as usual. Four figures met at the shroom, for what would be possible the last adventure of their lives. Puffing their chest on courage, they chanted some strange words - #alonsialonso - At the mushroom, vanishing to never be seen again...

...Or that is what they thought.

In places where Talpan-kind has never been, through the harsh rains of underworld, they were glad that... Talpans doesn't have noses! Because what waited for them was furry beasts, all soaked. Their incursion begun.

After what felt an eternity, they found a Chapel. “What is a chapel doing here”, they must have thought. The door was unlocked, and the Abyss was behind it. What evilness could have escaped along Tormenta? We may never know, but The Mana World will never be the same.

However, that was not the end of their adventure. We still didn't told how they carried a Great Dragon which was... Wait, I cannot tell his weight? It is a secret? Okay. Censorship apart...

They had the brilliant idea to chant alonsialonso on the door again. Ah, World Shift is a risky spell. It worked - And they found themselves...

Spoiler:
Screenshot by Omido
Screenshot by Omido
da028ad5.png (287.55 KiB) Viewed 5913 times

Much to their dismay, the residents of the small ghost down were cursed, and being tortured by JackOs. But our heroes are brave. They challenged the JackOs and slain them, one by one.

Surprisingly (or maybe not, this is a magic world, after all), once all the JackO's had been slain, a mysterious portal appeared at the Bazar...

- “Let's use it. What can go wrong, after all?”

Aahhh, I wish they were smarter than that. So, our courageous (and not so concerned with their own lives, it seems) would-be heroes triggered a trap...

Ruler of the Underworld, THE LOST showed up!
Well, to be honest, anyone but them would be expecting the portal to be trap.
Yes, they did not expect it to be a trap, and quickly they just got the message:

Code: Select all

The black rose did a miracle!

They died, but the black rose mysterious powers saved them. There was not time to drink tea with The Lost, it seems. With hopes for a peaceful solution thrown out of the window, they did the best thing they could do:

Run away.
Except, the door was locked, so they couldn't. Cursed Lost!
Therefore, they did the second thing they could do: Fight for their lives.

And unexpectedly! The Lost felt before their weapons.
What, you thought The Lost would win? Well, I thought so, but our adventurers bravure saved the day.

And this way, at 20:24 UTC, arrived four very battered heroes with a giant great dragon with them on Hurnscald Square, to the shock of all the AFKers there.

[20:25] xarxax: what :D :D
[20:25] omido: we did it!
[20:25] Ledmitz: holy crap
[20:25] xarxax: congrats
[20:25] Ledmitz: I really didn't expect that

[20:29] xarxax: Hurns wont be on fire :D

[20:32] Ledmitz: That's it. we killed everything. quest over forever! XD
[20:32] Ledmitz: JK.. IDK what happens next
[20:33] Regulus: didnt feel like a boss, guess theres more to come %%M

Wait. More to come??
Yes. Jande said he had something very important to say, before Numa brought him to recover himself far away from players...

This is just the begin...

DOOMSDAY ACT 5: THE FINAL BATTLE
INTERLUDE IV: THE FINAL MEETING
THE FINAL SHOWDOWN WILL HAPPEN AT
SATURDAY OCTOBER 24TH, 17:30 UTC

Spoiler:
Screenshot by Omido
Screenshot by Omido
4183688.png (395.96 KiB) Viewed 5899 times

* There is a typo; Final Snapshot will happen at November 2nd or 3rd due the extended holiday.

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVENT WINNERS

• Kytty - Eyepatch

• Ledmitz - Goggles

• Regulus - Face Mask

• Omido - Mouboo Head

And thanks Omido for providing screenshots.
Pay attention to ingame broadcasts as GMs may allow other attempts so those whom were not there can obtain the rewards as well. However, the name of our four brave adventurers is now engraved in TMW History.

SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

Here's what I've so far found for passwords and interesting writing (from Zax's domain). :D

Attachments
Interesting notes
Interesting notes
2-writings.png (169.37 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
Passwords
Passwords
8-passwords.png (104.39 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
+seeds
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by +seeds »

I've taken screenshots of 14 different passwords (some are the same as DD's), and two messages (different from DD's) :D

passwords.png
passwords.png (97.17 KiB) Viewed 5742 times
writing.png
writing.png (255.08 KiB) Viewed 5742 times
Characters: +seeds, +plants, +roots, +leaves, many others :alt-3:
Live long and prosper :wink: