1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.
SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
+1 from me too!
Very friendly and helpful player.
I have known Hello=) for quite a few years, and believe he possesses the qualities necessary to fulfill the role of a Mana World GM. He is tough but fair-minded, honest to a fault, knows the ins and outs of the game, and truly cares about the well-being of TMW. For all these reasons, I cast my vote for Hello=).
Hello=) has always been a good, kind and helpful friend to me and others in the game. I know that he will make an excellent gm. He is reasonable, thoughtful and treats people fairly.
He is also very passionate and dedicated to the game and the FLOSS movement. A true wizard at computers, he would also make an excellent game developer, if he wants to do that, in addition to a great gm. He has, after all, created the golden-delicious GUI theme for the manaplus client and added the special effects for the dark tailsman object.
I cast my vote: yes! As his name shows, he always has a happy face. =)
A new GM at the very edge of doomsday ???
That has got to be one skilled, kind and above all, calm (as in well thought out) player.
It is certainly a yes from me too.
he is a super hero, obviusly i vote yes.
-- Ford Prefect
I have only met Hello=) a handful of times, but they were always great experiences! +1 for yes