Does speedskill actually do something?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
HoraK-FDF
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Does speedskill actually do something?

Post by HoraK-FDF »

I have tested the speedskill on lvl 1 and lvl 9 (or is setting the level broken?) and I cannot measure any difference walking speed don't increase i walked the same distance on booth levels in the same time and attacking looks also the same. Even on extended character screen dps stays the same (maybe its not calculated there). So does the skill actually work or is this inrease so small that humans cant sense it (in that case its actually like its not working)?

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Does speedskill actually do something?

Post by jesusalva »

Is it focused?

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

HoraK-FDF
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by HoraK-FDF »

yes

ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2020-11-25_17-21-56_3.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2020-11-25_17-21-56_3.png (761.03 KiB) Viewed 3380 times
HoraK-FDF
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by HoraK-FDF »

I measured it with a stopwatch now
for walking:
lvl9: 9s 08ms
lvl1: 9s 07ms
unfocused: 9s 68ms

and for attacking is round about 0s 76-73ms for every of the three test modes.

So the differences are (when not caused by eye brain finger communication lag) so small that this skill makes actually no sense and should be improved as it is a waste of job points atm.

HoraK-FDF
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by HoraK-FDF »

could this be a manaplus issue does someone has an idea? If yes I will post it there too.

HoraK-FDF
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by HoraK-FDF »

As Andrei pointed out on https://gitlab.com/manaplus/manaplus/-/issues/23 that setting the skill level does not work.

Andrei wrote:
"speed skill is legacy server skill. also this is passive skill, any changes in manaplus ui will do nothing on server side. as result nothing will be changed to this skill.
level and position change created for active skills usage."

As it is now the speed skill develops some potential only with really high agi so it is really not beneficial for warriors since they need 66 luck min, 50 vit min 50 dex and on lvl 70 for example they cannot skill any point in str and agi is also only possible at 50 or so.

Here are the stats of my lvl 72 warrior:

str:1 agi:51=50+1 vit:56 int:1 dex:50 luk:66=65+1

for him the speed skill brings nearly nothing even on lvl 9 and he needs the stats this way so he can go to grave yard and crypt but a Speed Warrior is from lvl 60-85 maybe it works when I'm at lvl 85 and put all point from now on in agi but lvl 85 is the point where a rage warrior should be better, so when it maybe starts to develop some potential its not used anymore. I have found the place of the formula in the source maybe we (if you want to help the poor low speed-warriors) can think of a rule to make it a bit better for them since they must skill so much in each stat to survive. I dont know maybe if 3 non agi stats are over 40 add them together and divide by 3 and add this to agi - (char lvl - 60). This is just a idea not balanced or anything just to show a direction.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

All focus skills have a specific stat for them.
Why? Because they were made as complement for the stats when Fate was doing magic.

Things ended up different from planned as always. But according to Fate:

• Brawling - AGi

• Speed - AGI

• Poison Resist - VIT

• Astral Soul - INT

• Mallard's Eye - DEX

• Lucky Counter - LUK

Later, "Lucky Counter (LUK)" was replaced with "Raging (STR)".
Or something like that.

But essentially, you must select your focus based on the stat you want to invest. Which won't always make sense for your class.

(As you can see, low level warriors must focus all their resources and stat points into survival, and poison resist is not so useful for surviving, but Lucky Counter was never fully implemented and Raging is not survival-based)

And legacy follows a strict DIY rule, so do not expect any dev to help you on this endeavor! Sorry >.<

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Clort
Peon
Peon

Post by Clort »

Thank you Horak for helping me get Speed skill. Now i'm not sure I see the difference in speed either.

I am Lvl 61 archer, Speed is focused and Lvl: 4. What difference in firing rate should i see? Walking?

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Clort wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 16:06

Thank you Horak for helping me get Speed skill. Now i'm not sure I see the difference in speed either.

I am Lvl 61 archer, Speed is focused and Lvl: 4. What difference in firing rate should i see? Walking?

Check out DPS and attack delay as well.