Something is wrong with the Candor Island for new players

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Cage
Peon
Peon

Something is wrong with the Candor Island for new players

Post by Cage »

This last week I have seen at least 5 new new players in the candor island, but they never left it and they have probably uninstalled the game to never play it again.

We should do something because this island and its starters quest is stopping new players from joining the game.

The newbies should be spawned in a house in Hurnscald where they can find more players, and they will at least be able to evade that annoying quest.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Something is wrong with the Candor Island for new players

Post by jesusalva »

fears for the fate of Drasil Island... Wait it already can be skipped, oh well.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Put gorgeous blondes, beer and barbecues on Drasil Island. Best AFK island ever.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

TMW has changed starting locations (and the way they're connected to the rest of the game) many many times. When it was too easy for new players to walk straight to Hurnscald people would complain that the town was full of noobs begging for items instead of playing through the game and getting their gear normally. However, whenever the starting area is too disconnected from everything else, the problem you're pointing out here arises.

I think that a skippable starting island is the best compromise. It lets the new players know that if it's their first experience in the game they shouldn't leave the area, but it still gives them the option. It also makes it easier for existing players to make new characters without being locked into a million starting quests. I think teleport needs to be used sparingly, but connecting the main social hub to the starting area with a teleporting NPC might be a good way to allow new players to visit the main town and still be able to return to their low level quests quickly. It also allows higher level players to quickly visit newbies and possibly help them out.

TMW Team member