Remove Assassin Shirt from Illia Quest Rewards?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Restore Illia Quest rewards to the four traditional Illia Quest items, removing the Assassin Shirt?

Poll ended at 22 Jan 2021, 03:10

Yes

85%

No

15%

Total votes: 27
GNU+Linux
Peon
Peon

Remove Assassin Shirt from Illia Quest Rewards?

Post by GNU+Linux »

Hello Mana World,

There was once a time when one could win these four traditional items from Illia Quest:

The Four Traditional Illia Quest Rewards.png
The Four Traditional Illia Quest Rewards.png (7.32 KiB) Viewed 6086 times

Pictures above show the four traditional Illia Quest items.

From winning Illia Quest, every level 90 and above character gets the chance to win two of these items. The items people win are randomly given to them, where each item is equally as likely to be won, and one could get two items of the same type (like two Lazurite Robes or two Hearts of Isis).

More recently, a fifth item has been added to the list of items one can win from Illia Quest.

Assassin Shirt.png
Assassin Shirt.png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 6086 times

Now, Assassin Shirt may appear to have good stats, but one cannot equipt it with any weapon. As far as I know, the only use for the Assassin Shirt is to use it as a brawler or to wear it for aesthetics. This renders the Assassin Shirt useless, especially in comparison to the other Illia Quest items.

By adding the Assassin Shirt to the list of Illia Quest rewards, Illia Quest becomes harder for someone to win one of the traditional four rewards.

I know at least two people who did Illia Quest for their first time, hoping to get one of the four traditional Illia Quest items, but were disappointed to find they got an Assassin Shirt instead. I do not want to get the Assassin Shirt as an Illia Quest reward, because I loose the chance to get one of the traditional four rewards.

Can we please make Illia Quest rewards go back to the four traditional Illia Quest items, removing the Assassin Shirt as a reward?

PS: It would be nice if people who did Illia Quest and got an unwanted Assassin Shirt could have the chance to return the Assassin Shirt for the chance to do Illia Quest with traditional rewards again.

PPS: Future Illia Quests could still give out the Assassin Shirt as an extra “Common” reward, like the way Illia Quest gives out the Pointy Witch Hat, but, of course, players won’t be able to turn the Assassin Shirts in for another chance to do Illia Quests again if that’s the case.

In conclusion, the Assassin Shirt diminishes the rewards for Illia Quest and that should not be the case. Alternatives ways include: allowing people to return the Assassin Shirt for a chance to win another Illia Quest without it, or rewarding the Assassin Shirt the way the Pointy Witch Hat is given in Illia Quest. Changes to Illia Quest should enhance the rewards, not diminish them.

May the freedom software be with you!
Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Re: Remove Assassin Shirt from Illia Quest Rewards?

Post by Bobisha »

I recently did the Illia Quest for the first time a few weeks ago hoping to get either the the Banshee Bow or the Bull Helmet. I did the Illia Quest 3 times in a row, and 2 of those times I got the Assassin's Shirt, and on the third time, all I got was 100k GP. It would be nice to be able to redo the Illia Quest to get one of the other items instead of being stuck with 2 Assassin's Shirts.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Changed poll running time from 21 days to 30 days. Personally wishing this could happen sooner as well...

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

WildX wrote: 24 Dec 2020, 11:56

Changed poll running time from 21 days to 30 days. Personally wishing this could happen sooner as well...

Look at the bright side, this means three updates to TMW Legacy :alt-8:

hides

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I'm against group efforts from the dev team to make new content for Legacy that won't be sustainable in the long run and takes away from the main projects. I'm okay with balance fixes and general improvements as long as people are willing to contribute. Especially because these are small fixes idk why it takes 23 days more to vote on these than anything related to the very existence of TMW.

TMW Team member

Cyrus the Great
Peon
Peon

Post by Cyrus the Great »

Personally I think the Assassin Shirt is a fine item and I am OK with winning it. I'm sure there are other players who agree with me.

Besides that, I am seeing many feature requests for Legacy/Classic server. Considering the fact that our developers are already undermanned and are working under pressure to get the new server ready, I'm not sure if making such requests and pools are beneficial for the game.

This is why I think it is best not to bother our developers for the time being.
All the best.

"Success always calls for greater generosity — though most people, lost in the darkness of their own egos, treat it as an occasion for greater greed."
Cyrus the Great

Cage
Peon
Peon

Post by Cage »

It's unfair for new players, since it's harder to get one of the 4 initial items, the assassin shirt can't be used, so we could either remove it and make it a reward once you have finished the main quest or make it useful (as of now you can't use it with a weapon).

SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

I agree. Adding the Assassin Shirt as a fifth reward isn't great for newer players.

Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Friendly reminder that sock puppeted polls are not valid so please don't 🥺

Sock puppeters might even get their accounts/IP blocked, so really, please don't 🥺

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

When I did the Illia Quest, I was able to do it 3 times in a row successfully. The first 2 times I did it I got an Assassin's Shirt. The third time, I got 100k GP. Because I got 2 Assassin's Shirts, and not any of the other Illia things that I was hoping for, I can not get those items. Now I am stuck with 2 Assassin's Shirts and that is it.

It would be nice to have a limit of 1 of each item for this quest, and once the account holder gets one of each, then after that, it can be a GP reward. I think that would make Illia overall more rewarding. I do not think this will take away from this quest at all.

HoraK-FDF
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by HoraK-FDF »

Since even the wiki says "the Brawling Skill is not very useful at the moment." it should not be a part of the rewards at the moment i think, if it becomes useful then it would be an other thing. I'm at the moment hardly thinking over it, should i go and make the Illia quest or let it be for now. But I have some solutions that may be help:

• an GM exchange program where the player can go to an GM and ask for exchanging the Assassin Shirt for one of the four traditional rewards, the GM then takes the shirt and hands out one of the traditional rewards maybe determined trough a little random script that output 0-3 or by simply choosing it out of the blue. This would help players instantly until an proper solution was found and would take away their fears.
  • I thought of make it a reward from Luca instead would be nice, this would also fit since he is also the brawling teacher.
    I thought of something like this:
    -- if all 6 skills are acquired get one part of the assassins set
    -- if 2 Skills are maxed out get another part of the set
    -- if 4 Skills are maxed out get another part of the set
    -- and lastly if all 6 Skills are maxed out get the Assassin Shirt

Since devs seem to have much to do I can also try changing the script to accomplish that. I soon want to start (after the 6th i think) an local eAthena server so that I could fiddle around with scripts and so on.

Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

HoraK-FDF wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 11:05

Since even the wiki says "the Brawling Skill is not very useful at the moment." it should not be a part of the rewards at the moment i think, if it becomes useful then it would be an other thing. I'm at the moment hardly thinking over it, should i go and make the Illia quest or let it be for now. But I have some solutions that may be help:

• an GM exchange program where the player can go to an GM and ask for exchanging the Assassin Shirt for one of the four traditional rewards, the GM then takes the shirt and hands out one of the traditional rewards maybe determined trough a little random script that output 0-3 or by simply choosing it out of the blue. This would help players instantly until an proper solution was found and would take away their fears.
  • I thought of make it a reward from Luca instead would be nice, this would also fit since he is also the brawling teacher.
    I thought of something like this:
    -- if all 6 skills are acquired get one part of the assassins set
    -- if 2 Skills are maxed out get another part of the set
    -- if 4 Skills are maxed out get another part of the set
    -- and lastly if all 6 Skills are maxed out get the Assassin Shirt

Since devs seem to have much to do I can also try changing the script to accomplish that. I soon want to start (after the 6th i think) an local eAthena server so that I could fiddle around with scripts and so on.

I like that idea with the skills. I think that could encourage people to not only do more in game stuff, and it will also allow the Brawling skill to be used more efficiently because the player/character will have more of the set to make use of the agil needed for that skill. As long as the other Illia items are still available, because I would like to be able to get them.

TysonIdol
Newly Registered User

Post by TysonIdol »

A no brainer, the quest should not be modified at all, it was great the way it was, assassin stuff should be rewarded only on hard mode, thanks for the work!!!1!

a cat is just a cat

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Bobisha wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 16:25

GM exchange program where the player can go to an GM and ask for exchanging the Assassin Shirt for one of the four traditional rewards

Sounds nice, but it shouldn't be a GM task to do this and as long as it was limited to just assassin shirt and only won on hard mode... maybe, but restoring old Illia items and using Luca as an NPC to start the assassin gear quest would make sense because it is the skill he teaches. Most quests are about collecting items, but if there were a way to force using no weapons with brawling skill to do those tasks, then the assassin gear would be earned by those that actually want it.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak