Event: St. Paddy's Day Pub Crawl!

A section to post about events or discuss and organise new events.

Rill
Novice
Novice

Event: St. Paddy's Day Pub Crawl!

Post by Rill »

:mrgreen: Ahoy Manaworldians! :mrgreen:

Come and be a part of the

St. Paddy's Day Pub Crawl

to be video recorded!

Here are the details:
Date: Friday, March 17th, 2017
Time: 19:00 Server Time
Place: Meet outside of Reid's Inn
Attire: Wear
GREEN
Check: Setup (f9) > Players > Enable remote commands
(it's the last option on the page)
EDIT (gumi): enabling remote commands is so we can send a mass emote command so all players on the map do :alt-3: at the same time. No one except developers and GMs can send commands to your client. Feel free to disable this option after the event is over.

This is the planned route:
Stop 1: Reid's Inn. Drink and dance, then travel to the second stop.
Stop 2: Dimond's Cove. Drink and dance, then travel to the third stop.
Stop 3: Hurnscald Bar. Drink and dance, then travel to the fourth stop.
Stop 4: Hurnscald Town Square. Drink and dance, and finish our merrymaking here.
(*All drinks will be provided courtesy of the CRC Guild. :D )

One or more members of the CRC Guild will be recording the event. However, if you would like to make your own video, please feel free to do so.

This is the proposed music:
Fiddles McGinty by Kevin MacLeod
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-fr ... UAN1400051

Please credit the piece by copying the following to your credits section:
Fiddles McGinty Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

The length of this music is 3:27, but the tune may be replayed to make a longer video. If you choose to use different music, please be sure that it is royalty free and to credit the source.

There may be more than one "take" (single continuous recorded performance), depending on the need and the demand, to give as many people as possible the opportunity to participate and/or record or improve their videos.

When the event is finished, please post all completed videos in this thread for everyone to share and enjoy!

Hope to see you all on Friday.
And don't forget to wear GREEN, begorrah! :alt-0:

P.S. If a GM or admin could be present for the event, your assistance would be appreciated. Please let me know if you will be able to help out.

P.P.S. FYI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pub_crawl
Tirifto
Novice
Novice

Re: Event: St. Paddy's Day Pub Crawl!

Post by Tirifto »

It's great to see a player organized event; even more so when there's no contest, but it's just players dancing all together for fun! I hope it's going to be a success and hopefully I'll be able to help make that happen.
Tirifto
Novice
Novice

Post by Tirifto »

I'm confident to say that the event was a success in the end. Don't believe me? Check this compilation of video recordings on TMW's GMG account! Thanks to omatt for sending me his recordings, even though CRC apparently captures some blurry video. (Just kidding.) (But mine was sharper.)

In case you're wondering about the tall video borders, it's a problem with HD videos on GMG. Let's hope they'll be able to fix it.

Thanks for a nice event and let's have more of them in the future! :D
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

It was so good to get together with friends and enjoy a day filled with fun and laughter!

Thanks to all who assisted, donated, and participated in the event, including, but not limited to -

Omatt, for recording the action;
Gumi, for providing links to free music and helpful hints;
Tomminator, Axzell, Scorpius, and Nced, for contributing and/or distributing drinks;
Prsm, for lending a hand with special commands;
Ginaria, for suggesting that we make a video in the first place; and last but not least,
Rift Avis, the infernal pumpkin, for producing such a nicely finished version of his and Omatt's recordings!

P.S. As for the allegedly blurry CRC video, what did you expect after all that beer. :alt-0:
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Hello!

Following the shutdown of Goblin Refuge, which I only noticed by chance, I've took the liberty to upload a copy of the video on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/wy9oWZhQVLs

You can find a list of all our St. Patrick Day events, including the current one, at our wiki.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

Rill wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 17:42

:mrgreen: Ahoy Manaworldians! :mrgreen:

And don't forget to wear GREEN, begorrah! :alt-0:

If I wear orange, will people throw stones at me? :oops:

_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")