[LEGACY] A bugfix has been applied

Where game and project announcements are made.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

[LEGACY] A bugfix has been applied

Post by jesusalva »

There was an intermittent exploit on Luca new quest because....

...This is TMWA.

TMWA code only works when it wants to; For weird reasons beyond me the quest code only worked on localhosts :alt-1:

So I changed the syntax of the quest and restarted the server, so it should be working well now.

Important!

The quest was reset!

If you already did the quest, you'll have to return the assassin set items on login. This is done automatically, no action from your part should be required.

If you do not have all the items to be returned, it'll be attempted later until you do.
Storage is NOT checked, be sure to move to inventory and relog if you stored the items.

...However, Luca won't work for you until the items are returned.
Which means you'll be stuck without being able to focus or unfocus.

The patch is already live, in order to avoid evil people from trying to further exploit/abuse tmwa vulnerabilities and bugs (which are more than the hair on the dev heads... No, I'm not looking at you, jak1).

Thanks for playing The Mana World.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Clort
Peon
Peon

Re: [LEGACY] A bugfix has been applied

Post by Clort »

jesusalva wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 12:24

...This is TMWA.

TMWA code only works when it wants to; For weird reasons beyond me the quest code only worked on localhosts :alt-1:

So I changed the syntax of the quest and restarted the server, so it should be working well now.

Important!

The patch is already live, in order to avoid evil people from trying to further exploit/abuse tmwa vulnerabilities and bugs (which are more than the hair on the dev heads... No, I'm not looking at you, jak1).

Thanks for the fix jesusalva. Not that i noticed it.

btw is dezilaromed.themanaworld.org down? 2021-04-28

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Clort wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 17:56
jesusalva wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 12:24

...This is TMWA.

Important!

Thanks for the fix jesusalva. Not that i noticed it.

btw is dezilaromed.themanaworld.org down? 2021-04-28

It's running fine for me; And if it was down I guess the forums would be down as well – It points to the same VM where forums and wiki are at.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Clort
Peon
Peon

Post by Clort »

Thanks I was unable to login once, then assumed it down and tested for upness with tcp ping probes, which the server doesn't answer :P Silly me again.