[FLAMES] Clort [AFK Botting]

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Cyrus the Great
Peon
Peon

[FLAMES] Clort [AFK Botting]

Post by Cyrus the Great »

Clort wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 06:00

There is a technical issue here. I could not see your messages because the default chat tab was hidden in client. This is to me, the more serious problem to address.

In other words: you have a rule that requires a player response to a message from an admin, but a client that doesn't ensure the message from admin is displayed to the player. Do you understand the problem?

Secondary is; what do you mean by 'reset'? Is some kind of penalty really appropriate when the manaplus client didn't display your messages to me? I'm not suggesting you did anything wrong enforcing the rules as written, but I need to chat with jak about how to address this problem in manaplus client.

Yes, Clort, I remember you always missed our private and also party chat notifications because of an issue with your client. Also, not being a competitive player and AFKing most of the time, while dedicating your time to sound development, I do believe that you will never bot. But the thing is, sometimes you have to be banned for another person to stay relevant after 13+ years of holding power(It is funny to realize that most of the world countries have changed 2-3 presidents ever since.)

I don't play this game in protest to the abuse of power, favoritism and targeted abuse of certain players (arguably because of their nationality, race and religion). So you can play with one of my accounts if you like, or preferably you can use my items, some of which might help you level up another account.

I expect this post to be removed, and the topic locked because criticism is something we can't have in this game, so email me and I can help you with items.

Last edited by Cyrus the Great on 29 Jun 2021, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

"Success always calls for greater generosity — though most people, lost in the darkness of their own egos, treat it as an occasion for greater greed."
Cyrus the Great

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Clort [AFK Botting]

Post by EJlol »

AFAIK bans are against a person, not against an account. Sharing your password would (problably) just mean your account gets blocked too.

Edit: This may not be true for botting though, as you may ask for an reset. Not sure actually :P

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

prsm wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 17:34

This is not a discussion forum.

You basically admitted to botting when you you say the game didnt have your attention.

So, if you would like an unblock and reset, please ask. Other wise, we are done.

Prsm

This is not a discussion forum.

“If you would like an unblock and reset, please ask. Otherwise, we are done.”

Discussion if the rule is too harsh or unfair, if the client is good or bad, about your favorite GM all-time, about behavior which falls under botting rule but is not botting, account exchange, et cetera should all be held on their proper forum sections.

And for the record, EJlol is correct; Although from what I recall, the level of alts are not reset, so if Clort takes an account from omido, that's equivalent to having accepted the unblock + reset imo; And allows the topic to be locked.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Personally I doubt Clort actually botted using automation on purpose, at least knowing him a bit I'd be quite surprised if he did something that simple and dumb - and I know he can use clients in quite exotic setups. Yet, from formal point, botcheck failed. And if someone got something to say, let's go Player Talk and discuss? Still, if what Clort says is true I'm puzzled how to take such playstyle. I'm tempted to call it overuse of game mechanic deficiencies (bugs) to debatable extent. In perfect world RPGs should ensure you die if you play like this.

As for Cyrus complaints: if you have solid proof of your charges, make your point and file complaint - in another thread of court house. GM logs are accesible by general public, just in case, and whole intent of this publicity been to keep GMs/admins/devs in check.

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

There is a technical issue here. I could not see your messages because the default chat tab was hidden in client. This is to me, the more serious problem to address.

In other words: you have a rule that requires a player response to a message from an admin, but a client that doesn't ensure the message from admin is displayed to the player. Do you understand the problem?

Secondary is; what do you mean by 'reset'? Is some kind of penalty really appropriate when the manaplus client didn't display your messages to me? I'm not suggesting you did anything wrong enforcing the rules as written, but I need to chat with jak about how to address this problem in manaplus client.

There is no technical issue. You manipulated the client in such a way that did not allow you to see or realize there was a GM addressing you. Did you also not see the GM that was clearly visible? He's the one with the big green 'G' above his head.

You were caught. It was fair.

sexy red bearded GM
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Cyrus the Great wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 06:32

Yes, Clort, I remember you always missed our private and also party chat notifications because of an issue with your client. Also, not being a competitive player and AFKing most of the time, while dedicating your time to sound development, I do believe that you will never bot. But the thing is, sometimes you have to be banned for another person to stay relevant after 13+ years of holding power(It is funny to realize that most of the world countries have changed 2-3 presidents ever since.)

I don't play this game in protest to the abuse of power, favoritism and targeted abuse of certain players (arguably because of their nationality, race and religion). So you can play with one of my accounts if you like, or preferably you can use my items, some of which might help you level up another account.

I expect this post to be removed, and the topic locked because criticism is something we can't have in this game, so email me and I can help you with items.

IF you are omido, I remember you saying very naughty things to some of my alts that I played back in the day. I can assure you of one thing, and that is the fact that no one gives a Chocolate Cupcake where you are from nor any other non personality related characteristic you may have. You were an asshole to my characters many many times.

sexy red bearded GM
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

This is delving into offtopic. Clort has not requested the reset within 7 days, and the procedures themselves have been concluded, reason which, I lock this thread.

If he still desires the reset and unblock he can PM the GM Team anytime; There's no deadline for doing so.

I'll repeat only once more. This is Court House, a strict moderation forum, so anyone banned can appeal and the GM Staff can look at the case. It is not a place for discussion, chit-chat, or flamming.

Any accusation made here should also be backed up and made in its own thread.
(And yes, this rule applies to GM Staff as well)

EDIT 2021-08-14: People were complaining about how I am horrible at moderating. I truly am; That's why I am no GM/MOD. Anyway.

I've moved the off-topic part away from Court House into offtopic where you can in theory engage on debate to your hearts content. But I did not unlock it, you'll need forum staff for that.

Just remember: This is loose moderation, not unmoderated; You are free to debate ideas but if this starts becoming personal or uncivil or breaking rules/law etc. the forum staff will cut you both short.
And the whole thread will be moved to Parking Lot.

Forum Mods
Forum Admins

And I won't intervene any further if I can avoid it; I have better things to do with my time than mediating two adults. I'll just count on the maturity of you both and the wisdom of the forum staff.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.