transition from desert to woodland

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the 2nd transition map:

the new maps are already on the svn repository for testing. i would appreciate when some people test them to find map bugs before the next release. to test a map just replace an existing map in your tmw folder with the new one (create a backup copy before you do so) and go on the replaced map ingame.
ilgufo
Peon
Peon

Post by ilgufo »

I relly like your idea.... thanks :D
mangamaniac
Novice
Novice

Post by mangamaniac »

Really nice maps!! :D
Can't wait to see them in the game.
LEG0LAS2
Peon
Peon

Post by LEG0LAS2 »

Crush, do you have already something in mind about monsters on 2nd map ?

by the way, nice map! :wink:
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100Arrows/s
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

we still have two unused monsters and maybe metallica will finish one or two monsters till the release of 0.0.21.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

And if not... what's wrong with having the same monsters on two maps? We have bats on two maps.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the slimes or snakes would fit into the woodland as well as into the desert. but i hope metallicas living trees will be ready until the next update. they would just too well fit into the map west of the above map.
LEG0LAS2
Peon
Peon

Post by LEG0LAS2 »

and what about this one ?
it can be used too.
or you have already the map it will be?
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100Arrows/s
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I think that's one of the unused monsters Crush meant.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

To put it short: I'm stunned.

Keep this up.

(Although I'm wondering what happened to our savannah area, but I guess it'll pop up at some point.)
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Rotonen wrote:(Although I'm wondering what happened to our savannah area, but I guess it'll pop up at some point.)
Well, I'm kept busy with other things, like the playerset and equipment. I'm working on it now and then though. Also I'm giving my arm some rest as I broke my ulna. I'll be fully back in a week and a half I think.

btw Crush, shouldn't there be something like a road over the land connection between the forest and the desert land?
Oh and I noticed some gaps in the collision layer. The biggest one in the top left corner and some small ones on the left side of the map. I don't think I need to explain why this should be fixed. :)
It also looks as if the north road has a gap in it... is this intentional?

Apart from that... looking good. :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Modanung wrote:btw Crush, shouldn't there be something like a road over the land connection between the forest and the desert land?
i already thought about that, but the road from the desert doesn't fit in the woodland and vice versa. when someone asks just give the explanation that the land bridge is under water at every flood and a road would be washed away.
Oh and I noticed some gaps in the collision layer. The biggest one in the top left corner and some small ones on the left side of the map. I don't think I need to explain why this should be fixed. :)
fixed.
It also looks as if the north road has a gap in it... is this intentional?
there is a fence there. just a hack to block the road until the map to the north (village) is finished. maybe it won't even be released.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Crush wrote:
Modanung wrote:btw Crush, shouldn't there be something like a road over the land connection between the forest and the desert land?
i already thought about that, but the road from the desert doesn't fit in the woodland and vice versa. when someone asks just give the explanation that the land bridge is under water at every flood and a road would be washed away.
You could use the forest road to where all grass has turned into mud and then maybe gradually change to desert sand as road, ditheringwise.
Bad Monk
Peon
Peon

Post by Bad Monk »

Hi guys!
I'd really love to test the new transition maps but I've not been able to download them from the repository.

I tried to download them via the web browser (I'd like not to install the client if it's not strictly necessary) but get this 'The root "themanaworld" is unknown. If you believe the value is correct, then please double-check your configuration.'

Also i didn't quite get what I'm supposed to dl! Still one more thing. Once I dl the right files, some of the maps files are completely new and won't overwrite old ones. How are these going to be connected with old maps/playable?

Thanks,

Monk
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

From the mapping tutorial on the wiki:
To test your map you have to replace one of the maps in your TMW folder (in the subfolder data/maps). When you start the game and go to the map you replaced you will see your new map. You will see monsters and other players on the map but don't worry. The other players still see their version of the map and they won't see you walk through walls. Just ignore them while you explore your map.