Relm - Sound Collection

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

Relm
Novice
Novice

Relm - Sound Collection

Post by Relm »

It might be nice if a subtle sound effect is played when the player eats or drinks a food or beverage. Attached are edits of CC0 works from freesound.org.

links to original sources:
Attachments
eat.ogg
(18.38 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
drink.ogg
(10.03 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by WildX on 05 Jul 2022, 23:15, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Thread merged from several others
Relm
Novice
Novice

Ingrav Sounds

Post by Relm »

It could be nice if ingrav had sound effects. Attached are three different versions of an edited lightning sound.

Original unedited CC0 source:
Attachments
ingrav_2.ogg
(58.31 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
ingrav_1.ogg
(44.22 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
ingrav_0.ogg
(55.74 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by Relm on 27 Jun 2022, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Ingrav Sounds

Post by Ledmitz »

Ingrav was the first sounds I made. There are many sounds already made. They just need to get added. I also made particle effects on target and caster. You can observe it live on my patch (I haven't listened to your sfx yet, but will):
[url]http://warworld.noads.biz[/url]

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Relm
Novice
Novice

Post by Relm »

Ledmitz wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 01:25 Ingrav was the first sounds I made. There are many sounds already made. They just need to get added. I also made particle effects on target and caster. You can observe it live on my patch (I haven't listened to your sfx yet, but will):
[url]http://warworld.noads.biz[/url]
Well, that's kinda sad. Is this stuff hard to code, or does nobody else really care about sound?
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Eating and Drinking sounds

Post by Livio »

For those who eat and drink like crazy it would be bothering unless sound effects can be limited.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Sound often gets overlooked but contributions are welcome. I personally think it's very important.

I listened to them and think they could work for many lightning-based spells, so they could still be used in the future. :)

TMW Team member

Relm
Novice
Novice

Re: Eating and Drinking sounds

Post by Relm »

Livio wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 05:03 For those who eat and drink like crazy it would be bothering unless sound effects can be limited.
it would only happen once right after you eat, then you wait for you hp to regen, right? and did you actually listen to these sounds because theyre quite minimal, just an auditory cue that you did the action.

edit: you may have clicked on the link to the original source prior to my editing. the sound i edit is in actual attachment, not url link.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I like your sfx. I also agree that many ppl feel that sounds are not very important. Many ppl play the game with no sound, though I don't feel that justifies anything. Its far more professional for things to get released at the same time (sprite/gfx/sfx). When I first started playing I could name the few mobs that had sounds and there were no weapon sounds other than the basic knives and they sound a little more like a thud to me. I have on many occasions asked ppl to tell me what to add or what not to add from my patch and I would make a large commit, but no one wanted one large commit so they could cherry pick the sounds. IDK who cherry picks and why its left up so so few ppl or even 1 person. I, as requested, made the small commits and did all my sfx. They were all even reworked to have lowered kbps in mono as is the standard for sfx here. Then there was a conflict on every single commit I made do to other things getting added be fore mine. I was asked to fix the conflicts. I said no, but I will do one large commit as I had first suggested (to avoid all the git trouble). Many sounds you hear in the game were made or submitted by me, but there are many many more..... WAY too many to create individual commits for? So am I angry? I'm way past that phase, but still reiterate the same things after many years. I WILL CREATE ONE LARGE COMMIT, if I EVER get feedback on what to add and what not to, but I WILL NOT create a bunch of small commits for the large amount of work that I've done. I absolutely refuse to. I would be happy to do single commits once the work catches up to what's been on my patch FOR YEARS NOW.

Here's a post from 2013 when I first tried to really contribute beyond a few sounds:
viewtopic.php?t=16938

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Relm
Novice
Novice

snake die sound

Post by Relm »

Die snake, DIE!!!

Original sources:
Spoiler:
License: ATTRIBUTION 3.0
https://freesound.org/people/dj80hd/sounds/27226/
By dj80hd
(Why would you request attribution and then pick a name like that? xD)

License: CC0 Public Domain
https://freesound.org/people/xoiziox/sounds/553374/
Attachments
snake_die1.ogg
(42.75 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Ledmitz wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 19:37 ...I WILL CREATE ONE LARGE COMMIT, if I EVER get feedback on what to add and what not to...
Lack of feedback is exactly why sounds cherry-picking haven't worked as of late.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

In retrospect, I would do some larger commits, like in packs. I will try to probe players in game if they use it. I shouldn't have said one large commit. :oops:

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

If you need feedback, and this goes for ANY developer working on anything, you can always request testers in the testing room. Anyone is welcome to help and some people might even turn on sound just to see what's new.

TMW Team member

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: snake die sound

Post by Ledmitz »

Hey there. My Relm directory is growing. Like you said, maybe more suited to an Undead Witch. I'd like it for that.

Relm
Novice
Novice

Mouboo Sounds

Post by Relm »

I made hit, hurt, and death sounds for mouboos and added them to each variety of the mob. monster XML and assorted OGG attached. Unzip and place into local folder in user>appdata>local>Mana>server.name> to test.
Attachments
TMW.zip
(539.92 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Relm - Sound Collection

Post by WildX »

I merged all of Relm's recent sound posts together as this helps keep things in one place. Especially with sound development I find this works best on the forums (see Ledmitz's thread like this one). I recommend editing the top post with all the sounds listed there, this ensures they're easily searchable and don't get lost. Thanks for the contributions btw :)

TMW Team member