[LY] Wreak havoc at iron farming

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

This?

Yea

71%

Nop

29%

Total votes: 7
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

[LY] Wreak havoc at iron farming

Post by jesusalva »

• Fire Skulls drop Iron Ore / Coal at a rate considerably higher than slimes (or we make a Coal Skull for this)
  • Fire skull at entrance of hurncald mines
  • miners scared abandoned these mines, Mike informs this and mining camp is abandoned
  • All TMW mineration moved to Tulimshar, ores prices adjustment accordingly.
  • silver veins in Tonori Mines: Passive, drop iron ore and silver which sells for same price as red slime drops. Rate same as red slime. Spawn in groups rather than scattered but take a while to respawn so usually better to move between points instead of monopolizing one
  • NO SILVER VEINS IN HURNSCALD

Trivial in Evolved, for Legacy "I'll see what I can do".

Yes or no?

PS. As default for development polls according to the new policies concerning hidden forums and whatevers, poll voters for this one are now visible. Justification of the vote encouraged. That's because Developers may ignore the numeric vote but the feedback is still useful.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Relm
Novice
Novice

Re: Wreak havoc at iron farming

Post by Relm »

jesusalva wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 21:18- Fire Skulls drop Iron Ore / Coal at a rate considerably higher than slimes (or we make a Coal Skull for this)
Fire skull drops would already be quite nice if flar were more usable and iron were more scarce (the real reason no one uses flar is iron powder is actually pretty cheap. This is because 111 int and huge magic attack bonuses from gear bring the maximum powder per ore from 6 up to 8, and raises the maximum lightning zaps per powder from 8 to 11 to... whatever it is with dark talisman. I don't actually know what it goes up to. But lowering inflexible demand in such a way will lower prices greatly. Iron ore used to be 2k each, and we used flar to save money.) If anything I think poison skulls are the ones who need more loot.

New skull mobs would be quite nice! :alt-5:
jesusalva wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 21:18- Fire skull at entrance of hurncald mines
Yay! :alt-5:
jesusalva wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 21:18- miners scared abandoned these mines, Mike informs this and mining camp is abandoned
Totally reasonable. I'm sure the giant spiders and scorpions aren't hospitable for working conditions either.
jesusalva wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 21:18- All TMW mineration moved to Tulimshar, ores prices adjustment accordingly.
mining, you mean? :alt-9: It could be nice doing some kind of mining from actual rocks instead of killing slimes. Sure.
jesusalva wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 21:18- silver veins in Tonori Mines: Passive, drop iron ore and silver which sells for same price as red slime drops. Rate same as red slime. Spawn in groups rather than scattered but take a while to respawn so usually better to move between points instead of monopolizing one
Why not.
jesusalva wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 21:18- NO SILVER VEINS IN HURNSCALD
What is this "silver" you speak of, anyway? Helps explain why they closed the mine.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

For some reason, I'm unable to vote. (Turns out it was just all my browser security stuff). I'll try again after posting. It all sounds pretty good to me. The extra mining should help to keep people playing rather than sit AFK while they wait to hunt. You already know I'm a fan of skulls in the mines again. I always assumed the mines were already abandoned since there are no miners inside anyway. Giving a reason is a nice touch. IDK if we'll need coal skulls, but how would they attack? They sound brittle.. hehe.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Skulls are slow and relatively easy to avoid or lead away from your path. I would limit the mobs to two skulls like it used to be (not for nostalgia, but because it worked and was balanced) and let people decide if they want to brave it alone or ask for help from other players. The mine doesn't necessarily have to close IMO, it's already full of dangerous stuff. It's my understanding that those miners have always depended on brave adventurers to help clear out the tunnels of danger.

TMW Team member

Relm
Novice
Novice

Post by Relm »

WildX wrote: It's my understanding that those miners have always depended on brave adventurers to help clear out the tunnels of danger.
Or maybe the miners are the yellow slimes, and the “brave adventurers” go in and murder them all to take their stuff! :alt-5: :alt-5:
Wellvin
Novice
Novice

Post by Wellvin »

Fire skulls and poison skulls should drop... skulls !

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [LY] Wreak havoc at iron farming

Post by WildX »

WildX wrote: 29 Jun 2022, 10:47

Skulls are slow and relatively easy to avoid or lead away from your path. I would limit the mobs to two skulls like it used to be (not for nostalgia, but because it worked and was balanced) and let people decide if they want to brave it alone or ask for help from other players. The mine doesn't necessarily have to close IMO, it's already full of dangerous stuff. It's my understanding that those miners have always depended on brave adventurers to help clear out the tunnels of danger.

FTR I still strongly support this idea.

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: [LY] Wreak havoc at iron farming

Post by jesusalva »

I think I am done messing with mining for now, only a few more dialogs to edit but do tell if I broke stuff 😇 Typically I spend some time watching players but end year is prohibitive.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.