New section!

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

New section!

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well krismichael asked me about this section a lot of times, but I always forgot to add it :(
Anyway now it's up and running!

To start I'd like to explain some of my suggestions to improve the website:
  • A Xmas version of the logo, something with snow and decorations maybe to show up in this period (Take a look at emule website to understand what I mean)
  • Fix the wiki problem: I never believed that, but wiki become vital for our project, so one of the first thing to do is to restore the wiki pages.
  • Sincerely I don't like the download section. I would prefer something with more graphic, like a icon button to download latest win binary version, or cvs snapshot and so on. Then I'd like also to have a script to add new downloads easily.
  • If I could have also a script to add screenshots easily it would be good =)
Well I suppose that's enough for now :D
Shura
Novice
Novice

Re: New section!

Post by Shura »

Elven Programmer wrote:[*] A Xmas version of the logo, something with snow and decorations maybe to show up in
this period (Take a look at emule website to understand what I mean)
hmm... got artists? ^^
Elven Programmer wrote:[*]Fix the wiki problem: I never believed that, but wiki become vital for our project, so one of the first thing to do is to restore the wiki pages.
i'm still at it. honestly, i could setup a new wiki within minutes but that won't accomplish anythign since what's important is the content not really how it works, right? since phpwiki's website & irc channel are kindof dead i`m trying to find my way around on the net. a bit tricky since most people did not ever have a problem with it. :-/
Elven Programmer wrote:[*]Sincerely I don't like the download section. I would prefer something with more graphic, like a icon button to download latest win binary version, or cvs snapshot and so on. Then I'd like also to have a script to add new downloads easily.
alright alright... i will do that after the wiki. problem here is that the only one ever complaining about how the download section works is you. ;) not that i don't care but hey, would be nice to hear other opinions and saying nothing is a "yes, works aliright" to me.
Elven Programmer wrote:[*]If I could have also a script to add screenshots easily it would be good =)
shooting pigeons with a cannon isn't it? atm it's just like before, simple html. i can migrade that to php but in that case i rather should think about a complete admin tool too. thing here is that it only makes sense for the downloads- and screenshot section and those're only 10% of the site. i do know that these are to impress any new visitors but i never have seen a free game project adding pictures or downloads so frequently that an automation was necessary. if you really want it, alright tho.
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.