magic-knuckles formula change proposals

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Wellvin
Novice
Novice

magic-knuckles formula change proposals

Post by Wellvin »

Hi

I looked up the magic-knuckles script and would like to propose the following 2 changes that don't affect the output values:

1) change the damage formula to make it easier to understand

max(1, BASE_ATK + min(0,Int-100))

2) change the delay formula to prevent the potential computation of sqrt of negative values

sqrt( max(0, 300 - 2*Agi) ) + 5/2
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: magic-knuckles formula change proposals

Post by jesusalva »

Wellvin wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 13:06 sqrt( max(0, 300 - 2*Agi) ) + 5/2
Not too concerned about this one, to this be negative agility will need to exceed 127, which by TMWA rules, may cause negative computations in the C++ code ─ and by o11c rule, anything wrong is fatal, I think the server will crash way before you can cast magic knuckles XD

PS. Evol2/Hercules can go up to 255 safely, and up to 65535 un-safely. While it would be a cause of concern, this spell no longer exists there.

But hey, this is a nice first MR, feel free to submit patches at https://git.themanaworld.org/legacy/serverdata :alt-7:

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Wellvin
Novice
Novice

Post by Wellvin »

Does MR stand for Merge Request ?

How to do it properly ?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

You should come on IRC/Discord as it's easier to guide you through it :)

TMW Team member