Scheduled Maintenance ~ October 24-25

Where game and project announcements are made.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Scheduled Maintenance ~ October 24-25

Post by jesusalva »

Greetings.

At October 24-25, we will be doing a major maintenance on Dezilaromed. Maintenance entails kernel upgrades, snapshots, server infrastructure upgrade, disaster recovery simulation, and Mirror Lake being moved from TEST to PRODUCTION.

The Status Monitor should not be affected and can be used to track status.

During the maintenance period, forum and wiki will be unusable. The game will also be offline, while we update tmwa (in special, tmwa-login and tmwa-admin). If there's no update on tmwa, we'll schedule another one-hour-long maintenance at a later date.

The maintenance will start on

Monday October 24th, 22:45 UTC

And is expected to last up to eight hours in total. The actual maintenance is when we'll set forum and wiki to read only mode. Game Server won't be taken down before midnight.

Thanks for playing The Mana World.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Scheduled Maintenance ~ October 24-25

Post by jesusalva »

Full tentative schedule

22:45 UTC ─ Forums and Wiki changed to read only mode. Ports will start being reassigned for Mirror Lake move to production.
00:15 UTC ─ Forums and Wiki shut down on Dezilaromed. Snapshot taken.
00:45 UTC ─ If Disaster Recovery work properly, Forum and Wiki should be back up, still in read only mode, and running from Serenata.
01:00 UTC ─ All services on Dezilaromed should be shut down around this time

If something goes wrong, we'll need to rollback the snapshot. Otherwise, we should start the test to identify broken stuff (e.g. ManaMarket, who cannot survive the update without special care) by 02:30 UTC. We will need to hold off for about an hour to ensure crontab jobs (such as backup) are still working normally.
While you might be able to login during this test stage (which should be roughly 30 minutes during the maintenance time window), we do not warrant any progress made during this time will be saved.

By 03:10 UTC we should have everything but game server fixed and ready to go. We'll then perform a manual backup, and attempt to upgrade TMWA.

By 03:30 UTC, if everything went fine and not haywire, we'll move the forum and wiki back to Dezilaromed.

By 03:45 UTC, assuming no issue happened, the game should be back up for everyone and forum/wiki will be back to normal ─ for a target maintenance time of seven hours. It may be faster or slower depending on a hundred different factors, so this is only what "I wish". Game servers would be down for roughly three hours.

Maintenance progress reports will be done on status.themanaworld.org and on Discord/IRC ─ the main website, the policy portal, and ManaDiscord are being hosted externally and will not be affected.

Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Scheduled Maintenance ~ October 24-25

Post by jesusalva »