Do players still play on TMWA Hardcore?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Should we keep TMWA Hardcore?

Keep TMWA Hardcore, I still play on it

No votes

I don't play on TMWA Hardcore

100%

Total votes: 7
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Do players still play on TMWA Hardcore?

Post by jesusalva »

TMWA Hardcore has been discontinued and abandoned since 2019. It currently seems to be only a maintenance burden.

Should we pull the plug? Moubootaur Legends had a better hardcore server and much more maintained and still shut it down because player activity did not made worthwhile to maintain it.

So, do anyone still play TMWA Hardcore to justify keeping it taking precious server resources, or should we call it a day and shut it down?

DISCLAIMER: Even if no one is playing on it, it may still be kept around; Likewise, even if there are people playing on it, it may still be shut down.
I'm not asking if it is fun, I am asking if it, on its current state, is worth the trouble of maintaining it.
Nothing prevents devs from doing a different hardcore server concept later, or picking up this either.
This poll is merely to verify what players current thoughts toward TMWA Hardcore are, and is non binding as any other public consultation poll.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Do players still play on TMWA Hardcore?

Post by jesusalva »

And no, requests to "give me the data and I'll host it myself" won't be accepted. If you minimally care for it in first place, you would begin by at least ensuring it is up-to-date with TMW Legacy, right?

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Do players still play on TMWA Hardcore?

Post by WildX »

jesusalva wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 21:27

maintenance burden

BYE

TMW Team member