Discord Roles?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

What do you think?

It is a cool idea

38%

It is a terribly bad idea

25%

I don't care

38%

Total votes: 8
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Discord Roles?

Post by jesusalva »

"Everyone" knows Moubootaur Legends has that cool thing where if you linked a Discord account to the game and obtain some feat, it is added to the linked Discord as a role (e.g. 'Invict King').

Granted that right now, Moubootaur Legends doesn't implement all roles it originally planned (besides language, rebirth and scoreboard leads ─ which are implemented ─ there was supposed to be roles for the seven major feats which can be seen when someone @scry'ies you, but these I got lazy to add).

However, while I was implementing Mirror Lake bindings, I noticed it might be possible to do something similar for Legacy (except for scoreboard leads, and hopefully for obvious reasons). It wouldn't be much dissimilar from Moubootaur Legends current implementation.

Keep in mind that while I have no plans to implement it currently, and no use case for it either, given there is the possibility and I might change my mind later, I wanted to know beforehand what players thought about it.

What do you think about the idea of granting Discord roles for ingame progress/feats? Assuming you linked your Discord account to Legacy, of course.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Discord Roles?

Post by WildX »

I think it's a cool bonus and could incentivise people to interact with other channels outside of the game. I would however try to keep it simple as we have a large Discord that could get messy very easily. One or two special roles should be enough. I wouldn't want to turn the Discord server in some sort of minigame.

TMW Team member

Wellvin
Novice
Novice

Re: Discord Roles?

Post by Wellvin »

Discord does not respect user privacy.