Questions about the future of TMW

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

shygorgon
Novice
Novice

Questions about the future of TMW

Post by shygorgon »

I was curios about a few things as far as the rEvolt/Steam integrations of this game. When (hopefully) this game becomes ready for download/play for everyone on Steam (and rEvolt, will the ManaPlus still be usable to play TMW, or will Steam be needed? I was just wondering about this.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Questions about the future of TMW

Post by jesusalva »

You'll still be able to login with M+, and no Steam feature will be enabled if you opt for this. No data will be shared either.

As you can play the Steam version without Steam, we dubbed the set of features as "Mirror Lake". You can find it on wiki. Everything under "Mirror Lake" tag is not enabled if you keep using Manaplus, for better or for worse :-)

But everything else remains normal and unaffected.

PS. I believe you'll need the Steam version to register on rEvolt game server.

Steam version / Mana Launcher = an extra software which is actually a hack because legal reasons.

Mirror Lake = features which rely on the Launcher capabilities.

Vault = An account manager which is slightly better than the default one.

rEvolt, Legacy, Moubootaur Legends = Different takes on what TMW should be. Basically, different games.

You don't need the launcher to play either games, unless you want access to features with "Mirror Lake" tag, or is concerned about passwords being sent and stored in plaintext or md5.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

shygorgon
Novice
Novice

Re: Questions about the future of TMW

Post by shygorgon »

Thanks for the information. I was wondering about this ever since you posted about TMW being greenlit on Steam. Thanks!