[LY] Should the chest XP be updated as it was under 2X XP?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Should Chest XP be increased by 2 times?

YES!

64%

NO!

36%

Total votes: 14
kereszte
Peon
Peon

[LY] Should the chest XP be updated as it was under 2X XP?

Post by kereszte »

Since chests have been nerfed under 2X XP times, some people are unhappy. So, as a fix, upgrade chest XP by 2X.

Last edited by WildX on 09 Nov 2022, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to content suggestions
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Re: Poll: Should the chest XP be updated as it was under 2X XP?

Post by Slimor »

why do you only point to the swamp chest - all quests are affected.
what i hear the most is that the fastest way to the Illias-quest is 2x on the chest - and mostly done with a 2nd, 3rd ... char - if you need/want to play different chars, dont use shortcuts

so NO from me.
btw. i opened the chest today

kereszte
Peon
Peon

Re: Poll: Should the chest XP be updated as it was under 2X XP?

Post by kereszte »

Slimor wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 21:01

why do you only point to the swamp chest - all quests are affected.
what i hear the most is that the fastest way to the Illias-quest is 2x on the chest - and mostly done with a 2nd, 3rd ... char - if you need/want to play different chars, dont use shortcuts

so NO from me.
btw. i opened the chest today

I'm happy for you.

btw-what will you do from 95-100? Farm crypt for days? That sounds fun...

kereszte
Peon
Peon

Re: [LY] Should the chest XP be updated as it was under 2X XP?

Post by kereszte »

as the devs only allow 4-6 hours of notice I'm calling this closed and we WANT double xp chests. Please do you in a few hours (like the nerfs that were implemented today).

I must edit this... The devs only allow about 2 hours for changes to be declared.

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

IMNSHO I view it like this: GM should NOT interfere with normal gameplay course as such unless things go wrong. And fact x2 affects quest is, actually, undesirable in this context. On GM side of story its more like bug. That is, it always forces me to consider what I've missed, whether it would bite, etc.

If ppl dislike "normal gameplay course" its slightly different aspect. I.e. if some quest feels unrewardnig or pointless its strange to only fix it in x2 and keep it broken rest of time, no?

Personally I'd could have some compromise idea: make it like 1.5x for chest runs. Other quests are IMO better off on case by case basis and getting rid of that global XP impact ... makes x2 safer to use vs unexpected things I shouldn't cause while eventing and somesuch. Not really sure how to vote here. Player part of me "yes" for x2, GM part of me says "c'mon ppl you've got used to game mechanics override a bit too much and its my fault". That's why 1.5x compromise idea. Not as rampant as x2 but still something.

dooom14
Peon
Peon

Post by dooom14 »

I agree with Hello=), we got a little spoiled and we want everything in 2x but is not good to always have the chest on 2x, because at least the 2x events were weekly and not all the time. Also, the gap of exp between quests is abysmal and I think adjusting some quests reward could help to get more from other quests that may be forgotten, and this could help to not only depend on swamp chest to get that amount of exp.

In my opinion 1.5x chest is enough and giving exp to other quests could help with this issue.

Wellvin
Novice
Novice

Post by Wellvin »

All quests should behave the same, chest included.

kereszte
Peon
Peon

Post by kereszte »

So, this is a game by the players. That's great!! The vote was for 2X xp for the chest... Not 1.5x. And it passed!!! So I'm hoping that this will be followed like devs had promised. (If need be, then I could name the dev that said so.)

And yes, there weren't very many players that voted... But that's about how many players play on a daily basis.

Hocus Pocus Fidibus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Hocus Pocus Fidibus »

No.

This is the "Feature Requests ('the action of asking for something formally and politely' / Content Suggestions ('an idea or a plan that you mention for somebody else to think about') " section.

*Definitions from "Oxford Languages":
https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries. ... ?q=request
https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries. ... suggestion

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

TMW is not ruled by random polls opened by random users. Your suggestions are noted. Double exp is a bonus and obviously people are going to want to keep every bonus, but it's not reasonable.

This is not a game by the players. This game is made by developers. We keep open channels of communication and try to respond to community feedback in the best way possibe, but it doesn't mean that anyone can open a poll and make double exp happen.

NOTE: From now on I will be stricter on moderating people's sense of entitlement towards those who work on the game. Content suggesitons are allowed, content demands are not. This topic is locked.

TMW Team member