Developer's Summit ─ 14th Dec 22:15 UTC

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Developer's Summit ─ 14th Dec 22:15 UTC

Post by jesusalva »

This Wednesday, at 22:30 UTC (and this time it is really UTC, sorry! Early announcement mixed my own timezone -.-)

The developers of The Mana World Classic will convene at

Hurnscald Theater

To align themselves so the game may continue moving forward.
Meeting is expected to last under two hours.

Being a summit there will be no votes and all decisions will be made by Consensus. Failing to reach any deliberation, there'll obviously be no further development on Classic until TMW Team can arrange votes and decide what will happen the inefficient way.

Players, Contributors, Developers from other games, Game Masters and Administrators are allowed to attend and speak (according to the Ground Rules which will be decided during the meeting) in attempt to convince the core devs in some direction, but opposition from them will NOT prevent Consensus.

TL;DR Power belong to those whom are sacrificing their time in favor of making TMW Classic a great game. People using their time in other ways definitely are welcome to voice their opinions but given ultimately they are not the ones implementing the decisions, they also won't be the ones taking them.

For short: You decide it, you implement it. You don't implement it, then you also don't get to decide it. Simple, efficient, elegant.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Developer's Summit ─ 14th Dec 22:15 UTC

Post by jesusalva »

Developer's Summit has begun at 22:30 and was adjourned at 01:30

PASSED: More vote for DEVs for future summits (we'll play by the book today)

PASSED: After adding Desert Bow and Min Lv or Min Stat to items, Level 90- will be deemed good from balancing perspective.

Note: Magic exempt ─ initial acquisition and dark magic in particular may suffer total rewrites. AoE spells might be added.

RESOLVED: Criticals require further consideration from devs.

RESOLVED: Level progression after Level 90 requires further consideration regarding EXP required, level cap, stat points, quest availability, PvE penalties, and possibly more.

RESOLVED: EXP and Loot Sharing will be further considered for support class (runners, healers, support mages, etc.) even if, but not necessarily at, loss of damager dealers' loot and exp. Idle players (even if AFK following) will be excluded from XP/BP/Loot gain. Healing exp may be buffed or removed entirely after testing.

RESOLVED: upmarmu will be nerfed until its performance is comparable to other classes. Trolls will be buffed until its performance is comparable to other classes. All other classes will be roughly left alone but Imperial Bow, Dragon Sword and Jackal might see further tweaks as they leave testing stage.

RESOLVED: MerlinX420 does the temples. Then, MerlinX420 Hocus me and Ledmitz expand Dimond Cove. WildX brushes skills with Desert Bow. Ledmitz and me handle Crossroads and Steam stuff. If time allows, Ledmitz and Livio improve SFX for magic. Others do bugfixing. Balance can be started by me or HoraK but everyone reviews and discuss it. HoraK can also pick any other task such as tweaking boss fights if he so wishes. Contributors can do any of the minor tasks.

Spoiler:

→ Content (joint effort): Crossroads, Kaizei, Pirates, Witch Cave, Lottery, Dimond Cove Expansion, Hurnscald South, Tweaks to Swamp.
→ Code: bugfixing, balancing, Boss Fights, Swamps, Magic Support, AoE, Dark Magic, Magic intro, BP,
→ SFX: SFX effect for magic
SFX
Livio asked for more variations on magic spells' sounds. HoraK notes FX for Jackal and Dragon Sword are weird and need to be replaced (using Grenadier rn as base). Weapons seems to be OK.

Ledmitz said he'll look at that.

Boss Points to get Chronos rares can get boring to acquire and could use more sources by Soren

Butters, Livio, Hello and cuoco volunteered to help...

Attachments
#General.log
Meeting Logs
(123.7 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.