When did you start playing The Mana World?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
butters
Peon
Peon

When did you start playing The Mana World?

Post by butters »

Also, how did you hear about this game and how long has it been since you played last? Oh, and for a bit of Nostalgia could you post one of those
Long Lost Screenies you have? I started playing in 2014.
I had just installed Linux Mint Cinnamon and was searching the software manager for RPGS to play when I found The Mana World, hardware failure
being at work or being sick are the only reasons I've stopped playing. Maybe I'll be one of the oldest players too someday. <(^.^)>
Here are my 3 oldest screenshots...

ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-06-28_19-34-03_1.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-06-28_19-34-03_1.png (917.86 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-07-03_16-31-37_1.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-07-03_16-31-37_1.png (700.3 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-07-08_17-31-26_1.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-07-08_17-31-26_1.png (836 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: When did you start playing The Mana World?

Post by EJlol »

2014? newbie :P

When I started playing (2005) Hurnscald didn't even exist. There were like 2 desert maps, and 1 cave map. The game looked like this back then:

More old screenshots can be found here: https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... -2005#2004

shygorgon
Novice
Novice

Post by shygorgon »

I originally started playing in 2011/2012 then took a bit of a break then came back in 2018.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

No idea and no screenshots. But probably 2013 on TMW-BR. I only started playing TMW seriously in... Actually I think that I am yet to play TMW seriously :lol: But I remember doing the tutorial in Tulimshar and Candor not existing at all, so probably same date.

Found the game on synaptic. ManaPlus was popular among TMW Org users but was considered terrible by TMW-Br community (as it used brAthena, a fork of TMWA), so I downloaded and kept using the original Mana Client for... a long time. I think I only started using M+ in 2015.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Slimor
Peon
Peon

Post by Slimor »

i can't pinpoint a date, all i can remember it was before 4144s M+ became the official client. i made my forum account much later

dooom14
Peon
Peon

Post by dooom14 »

When you could go to hurns by walking through Tulimshar and warlord plate was cheaper

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Sometime in Autumn 2008 I searched for a free medieval style MMORPG. Now that I think about it, I don't think I had ever played an MMORPG before, but had played other online games. I played TMW for a few days but got distracted with school and forgot about it for a while. The next year around October 2009 is when I suddenly had a nostalgic feeling about this game I had played the year before. I had forgot its name. After some searching online I found the game again, reinstalled it and made the character WildX. I had spent a lot of time in Tulimshar (old starting area) in my first playthrough so I decided to be the noob skipping and walking all the way to Hurnscald (as you could do then). I spent most of my time talking to people in Hurnscald and farming Iron Ores. When Reid founded CRC and I got involved with that I mostly abandonded the levelling aspect of TMW. I was still a pretty good archer and mage back when a level 75-85 character could compete easily in group fights. I like to think I invented being a "runner" back in the old Graveyard with my speed archer build :alt-7:

BTW, if anyone hasn't posted in forum post number 9 I encourage you to do so! It's the only thread on this forum board that has been continuosly active since 2004 and I always like seeing people adding their own post to it :alt-3:

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I started playing on a french fork of TMW some when in the summer of 2007 that was named EvoL, this server closed for some months so with some players we went to visit The Mana World but I eventually left when I lost my neighbor's internet access for 2years (time to find their new password).
Once I went to high school I had my internet back and went back on TMW! :D I met some nice people and formed some nice parties and even a little gathering of people called the CRC with Ariana and Salaza until leaving it into the hands of WildX!
I was then less active playing as I joined wombat's team to work on TMW and finally ended up pursuing an old promise of mine which is/was to keep alive my vision of this old fork that was EvoL with 4144 and then later a lot more people.

But I'm still around!
And something funny: I'm now working for a large game company, so thanks for that TMW :D

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
henrywill
Newly Registered User

Post by henrywill »

EJlol wrote: 07 Nov 2022, 20:49

2014? newbie :P

When I started playing (2005) Hurnscald didn't even exist. There were like 2 desert maps, and 1 cave map. The game looked like this back then:

More old screenshots can be found here: https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... -2005#2004

like same you when i started playing game, there were like 2 desert maps, and 1 cave map...