[CLOSED] Translations temporarily suspended

Where game and project announcements are made.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

[CLOSED] Translations temporarily suspended

Post by jesusalva »

Translation workflow has been restored and remains in Transifex for time begin.

Below you can find the previous notice for historical purposes.

Spoiler:

With Transifex latest changes, our Python 2.7 script is now broken. After preliminar diligencies regarding migrating to Python 3, it was not technically feasible as it incorporates more changes than we currently have staff for.

Therefore, translations can still be submitted on Transifex, but they'll not be deployed nor updated until further notice.

For transparency:

Possible alternatives involve updating the scripts (see the fetch script), or moving to Weblate. Unfortunately, TMW Project uses about 30,000 strings which means the Libre plan of weblate is not doable, and it would still require rewriting the fetch scripts.

Unless a volunteer/contributor stands up to the task, translations will not be updated, and solving this has been provisionally put under the "low priority" group. Not many use translations, and they getting outdated is relatively low impact; given everyone is a volunteer and no one (with enough skills) seems willing to put this as a personal priority, it was more reasonable to suspend translations and inform the community.

If any additional information is necessary, feel free to contact me.
This is not a team decision, this is a technical constraint.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Translations temporarily suspended

Post by jesusalva »

Alastrim contributed a newer script version, ported to Python 3 correctly; Moubootaur Legends translations have been updated (=20 minutes), and other projects translation scripts will be updated later.

Remind me if I forget :D

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.