respawning in crypt

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: respawning in crypt

Post by Ledmitz »

Livio wrote: 15 Oct 2023, 16:30

Another change that got people pissed off. Why you still fail at learning from previous failures?
Why keep changing a game you rarely play at all without even asking what community thinks about your ideas?
How can I be motivated contributing to a game that's getting disliked like that?

I assume this means you're still using 1 vit and low luck? :lol:
It was me that prompted this change and I play in the crypt very often.

Anyways, the wussy characters have been appeased. I HOPE. hehehe
https://git.themanaworld.org/legacy/ser ... quests/683

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Ledmitz wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 15:50

I assume this means you're still using 1 vit and low luck? :lol:

27 VIT and 1 LUK. Still, I'm not someone who always grind in crypt so I have no interest in warrior like builds.

It was me that prompted this change and I play in the crypt very often.

That's a more important change than sounds and graphics.
And playing there as a 100 VIT warrior probably can't give a decent insight of all the changes made.

Anyways, the wussy characters have been appeased. I HOPE. hehehe
https://git.themanaworld.org/legacy/ser ... quests/683

"And a step backward, after making a wrong turn, is a step in the right direction." - Kurt Vonnegut

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Livio wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 20:55

27 VIT and 1 LUK. Still, I'm not someone who always grind in crypt so I have no interest in warrior like builds.

I think you mean you have little interest in surviving. :lol: An archer can wear armor and have vit/luck, but it has been rectified now. If you are in the basement of crypt, you now respawn at the moor. Dying in the GY and most maps will respawn at the last menhir. The farmsteads was also restored and mining camp will be restored for the 3 maps related to spawn parties there.

Livio wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 20:55

playing there as a 100 VIT warrior probably can't give a decent insight of all the changes made.

You know I have many alts. Almost all of them can get to Terogan chamber with the right equipment and a few stats for protection. Its a choice we make when we focus a skill or setup our stats, etc. You could survive more, but it costs DPS/speed/strength... something.

There might be other places we need to add a decent respawn, but stage like areas ought to be sacred. There are parts of Kazai that are a nightmare, but then again, surviving that nightmare is part of the challenge.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak