About Upmarmu

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

kereszte
Peon
Peon

About Upmarmu

Post by kereszte »

Recently, it was discovered that upmarmu is a server-wide bug. This is painful as more people would like to play it.

I did some digging and came up with this:

https://git.themanaworld.org/legacy/ser ... 24b20a2ea3

So there's a casterid that was treated as a global variable, and, for some reason, it was getting overwritten by anybody casting upmarmu.

My fix is simple, remove the global variable and replace usage with a call to get the char's id in the OnTimer25000 function. This both uses one less global variable and more closely mimics other scripts.

ok trying again, this simplifies quite a bit:

https://git.themanaworld.org/legacy/ser ... quests/721

questions? comments?
AJ

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: About Upmarmu

Post by jesusalva »

No idea why that timer exists or why they used initnpctimer instead of addtimer (nor if it's using duplicate properly, eg. Kaflosh uses NPC variables — the dot prefix — because each cast creates a duplicate NPC) but 721 looks valid~ish.

You'll need to poke HoraK and Ledmitz, most likely.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: About Upmarmu

Post by Ledmitz »

Consider me poked. I'll pass it along to HoraK to look at and thank you.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak