Steam Availability

Development discussions for TMW's official client, alternative clients and client adaptations.

Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Steam Availability

Post by Bobisha »

I was wondering what the expected release of TMW on Steam was? I noticed it was still in early release.

Thanks!

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Steam Availability

Post by jesusalva »

The member in charge of that retired (and stopped using Steam altogether), so I am not anticipating any update on that front unless there are actual requests for it which move someone else to address it (or to make me reconsider).

Last discussion was: “Once transfer to SPI account is complete, possibly rename the program.”, under WildX's responsibility, currently stuck at "transfer to SPI" part (mostly due to lack of interest I guess, SPI isn't exactly proactive).

Last edited by jesusalva on 28 Dec 2023, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I found the last discussion on this

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I will quote myself from another thread but this answer works well here too!

Reid wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 13:18

The developer behind ManaPlus has stopped his contribution to TMW and is not updating this client anymore. There are no direct plan to invest more time on our client and server development, all of the focus on TMW is currently put toward the game development thanks to Ledmitz and Horak.

Of course, everything is open-source and if anyone want to invest time to work on ManaPlus and our server (tmwa), they can and we will support them!

We welcome any kind of contribution so if you are (or if you know somebody) that is interested in this topic, step forward! :)

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

hear hear

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Bobisha
Peon
Peon

Post by Bobisha »

If I new how to code, I would definitely help.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Bobisha wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 05:25

If I new how to code, I would definitely help.

There have been many contributors that didn't know how to code. In fact, I don't know how to code in anything but shell/bash and somehow I stumbled my way into the lead position here, but in my case it may be time to learn a bit more. I only made sounds at first as many were missing. Actually, I made many suggestions which led to suggestions of me learning how to contribute at first. Adding the sounds to a monster or item required copy/paste and alterations. If you dabble in art at all, try your hand at pixel art. I managed to make a couple mobs, but they aren't very professional and could still use a touch up.
There have been some that helped with creating or simply editing the texts of other devs. Not everyone is great with spelling and grammar. There are still plenty of mistakes in the game now. I guess that leads to bug hunting too. If you see a problem, it can be reported here on the forums. In the past, testers were used for certain quests-to-come. They are also considered contributors and many have received Contributor Shirts for that also. We even had a dev solely dedicated to lore and helps a lot by being the forum administrator as well as sitting on the SPI board, which helps to keep us running in many ways.

To anyone that wants to help, think of what you can help with and feel free to ask for help here or on IRC or Discord. We can point you to the tutorials and answer whatever we happen to know. Many of us can testify to how easy some things are to do or change, but getting the time on the other hand, can often be a challenge.

Someone feel free to drop the equivalent Discord URL, but you'll probably get brownie points for using IRC instead.
Server: libera.chat
Channel: #themanaworld-dev

:)

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak