Quiver [WIP]

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

-LuH
Peon
Peon

Quiver [WIP]

Post by -LuH »

I was talking to my friend Think, when suddenly the idea came to create a quiver for the archer class as if it were an amulet, since it has one for precision that helps brawlers and warriors, as well as the mana pearl that helps mages. Why not one for an archer? I thought of something simple like 2 luk and a slight increase in load capacity, what do you think of the idea? I've already started with a starting point. Open to suggestions... :D :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Quiver [WIP]

Post by Ledmitz »

Amulets help archers too. They always have. If you don't need the dex, you could spend in luck already. I would love to see a quiver that helps to hold arrows only though, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Archers have a pretty big advantage on most maps, especially at lower levels. This is because they only require dex and agi on most maps. I'm not sure it's wise to give archers even more freedom in stats, but it would be great if it could carry arrows. It could on Evolved eventually.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

ThinkSome
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by ThinkSome »

Quivers already exists in ML, but there they contribute to attack speed increase (banshee on ML has no special bonuses):

quiver.png
quiver.png (38.12 KiB) Viewed 459 times
-LuH
Peon
Peon

Post by -LuH »

Does it have a sprite there too? I was having fun getting back to drawing

ThinkSome
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by ThinkSome »

in-game the appearance does not change, so I would assume no. If you come up with sprites I'll add them there :)

-LuH
Peon
Peon

Post by -LuH »

Ledmitz wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 14:29

Amulets help archers too. They always have. If you don't need the dex, you could spend in luck already. I would love to see a quiver that helps to hold arrows only though, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Archers have a pretty big advantage on most maps, especially at lower levels. This is because they only require dex and agi on most maps. I'm not sure it's wise to give archers even more freedom in stats, but it would be great if it could carry arrows. It could on Evolved eventually.

I believe there is no need to give status, perhaps the fact of the increase in load capacity is enough. :D :D

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Ah, damn. Probably I should have discussed this here rather than IRC.
In real life stuff that our forefathers had to deal with, the quiver is a portable rigid bag meant to carry arrows and have them at hand in order not to lose too much time reloading the bow (or keep arrows with the hand that holds the bow, this sucks in term of accuracy and amount of shots available to fire).
So quiver should allow extra carrying capacity (but not extra carrying weight) and slightly increase rate of fire no matter the bow used.
Now, back to our lovely TMW, I understand that volume and encumbrance aren't implemented so I guess that the first and quickly doable step to finally release the quiver, is to increase firing rate (while decreasing it without in order not to unbalance game too much).
Without adding too much development load, we could just tweak xml to change quiver colors slightly for different kinds.
Already existing NPC related to archery stuff can be used to deliver new items:

• Candor, Toichi: Squirrel pelt n00b quiver. ASPD + 5%, LUK +1
  • Hurnscald, Alan: Forest quiver. ASPD + 10%, VIT +1
  • Nivalis, Bracco: Wolvern pelt quiver: ASPD + 15%, STR +1
  • Tulimshar, Falkurn: Snake skin quiver: ASPD + 20%, AGI +1
  • Frostia, Blanc: Elven quiver: ASPD + 30%, AGI +2, LUK +1, Accuracy + 15%, rare because stolen by pirates from TMW2:ML
  • Hurnscald, Illia's chest: Cursed Lazurite™ quiver: ASPD +40%, VIT -10, AGI +5, INT-5, LUK=0, doesn't equip without Banshee Bow
  • Woodland Mining Camp, Malek: Mining quiver: ASPD + 50%, not meant for arrows but for holding explosives to be quickly ignited with the cave snake lamp and immediately thrown away right after. Cheaply sold due to past incidents
  • Woodlands Old Wizard House, Fabius: Golden quiver, ASPD + 500%, Walk Speed=5 cm/h, (un)equip cooldown time 120s, it's not really a quiver but a damn heavy golden tube-shaped cauldron. It's an old failed experiment for brewing long lasting potions inside wine bottles when Old Wizard was Young Wizard. Sold by his apprentice without any permission or license for 999999999999 GPs
  • Tulimshar Underground Mines, chest: Troll quiver: ASPD+0%, trolls live underground and know nothing about weapons
  • Tulimshar Docks, CRC: Guild quiver: made with same wood of Red Corsair's imaginary ship therefore it doesn't exists
  • Hurnscald AFK Square, Livio: Video quiver: ASPD + 500%, LUK=100, AGI=1/2, STR=0, shoots spam faster and allows to spam deleted videos, usable only with silver arrows since they are used as WiFi antennas
  • Botcheck Area: ManaChat quiver: ASPD - 9000%, DEX -100, VIT=1, LUK=0, your account goes to the Abyss with you
ThinkSome
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by ThinkSome »

Livio wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 21:37

:) :D :o :shock: :? :P :lol: :lol:

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

OMG Livio, you take it to new levels! :lol:

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

-LuH
Peon
Peon

Post by -LuH »

I leave here my attempt, and as always open to suggestions... :alt-9: :alt-8:

so it would be when equipped:

and then just the sprite:

-LuH
Peon
Peon

Post by -LuH »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Livio wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 21:37

Ah, damn. Probably I should have discussed this here rather than IRC.
In real life stuff that our forefathers had to deal with, the quiver is a portable rigid bag meant to carry arrows and have them at hand in order not to lose too much time reloading the bow (or keep arrows with the hand that holds the bow, this sucks in term of accuracy and amount of shots available to fire).
So quiver should allow extra carrying capacity (but not extra carrying weight) and slightly increase rate of fire no matter the bow used.
Now, back to our lovely TMW, I understand that volume and encumbrance aren't implemented so I guess that the first and quickly doable step to finally release the quiver, is to increase firing rate (while decreasing it without in order not to unbalance game too much).
Without adding too much development load, we could just tweak xml to change quiver colors slightly for different kinds.
Already existing NPC related to archery stuff can be used to deliver new items:

• Candor, Toichi: Squirrel pelt n00b quiver. ASPD + 5%, LUK +1
  • Hurnscald, Alan: Forest quiver. ASPD + 10%, VIT +1
  • Nivalis, Bracco: Wolvern pelt quiver: ASPD + 15%, STR +1
  • Tulimshar, Falkurn: Snake skin quiver: ASPD + 20%, AGI +1
  • Frostia, Blanc: Elven quiver: ASPD + 30%, AGI +2, LUK +1, Accuracy + 15%, rare because stolen by pirates from TMW2:ML
  • Hurnscald, Illia's chest: Cursed Lazurite™ quiver: ASPD +40%, VIT -10, AGI +5, INT-5, LUK=0, doesn't equip without Banshee Bow
  • Woodland Mining Camp, Malek: Mining quiver: ASPD + 50%, not meant for arrows but for holding explosives to be quickly ignited with the cave snake lamp and immediately thrown away right after. Cheaply sold due to past incidents
  • Woodlands Old Wizard House, Fabius: Golden quiver, ASPD + 500%, Walk Speed=5 cm/h, (un)equip cooldown time 120s, it's not really a quiver but a damn heavy golden tube-shaped cauldron. It's an old failed experiment for brewing long lasting potions inside wine bottles when Old Wizard was Young Wizard. Sold by his apprentice without any permission or license for 999999999999 GPs
  • Tulimshar Underground Mines, chest: Troll quiver: ASPD+0%, trolls live underground and know nothing about weapons
  • Tulimshar Docks, CRC: Guild quiver: made with same wood of Red Corsair's imaginary ship therefore it doesn't exists
  • Hurnscald AFK Square, Livio: Video quiver: ASPD + 500%, LUK=100, AGI=1/2, STR=0, shoots spam faster and allows to spam deleted videos, usable only with silver arrows since they are used as WiFi antennas
  • Botcheck Area: ManaChat quiver: ASPD - 9000%, DEX -100, VIT=1, LUK=0, your account goes to the Abyss with you
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I had this on my mind when looking through items and I found the tmw-gift script. Although this makes no real sense, I'll let it be known, it's possible. Could have a quiver to hold n arrows and that would be lighter than n arrows without the quiver, but to access the arrows, you'd have to "use" the quiver. I do prefer this helping attack speed, but archers are so fast now. Just laying some options out and thanks for the spritesheet -LuH-. Is there a pre-existing XML already?

-LuH
Peon
Peon

Post by -LuH »

Ledmitz wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 03:14

I had this on my mind when looking through items and I found the tmw-gift script. Although this makes no real sense, I'll let it be known, it's possible. Could have a quiver to hold n arrows and that would be lighter than n arrows without the quiver, but to access the arrows, you'd have to "use" the quiver. I do prefer this helping attack speed, but archers are so fast now. Just laying some options out and thanks for the spritesheet -LuH-. Is there a pre-existing XML already?

Does not have existing xml :oops: :oops:

ThinkSome
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by ThinkSome »

Hello -Luh-, Jesusalva has added your artwork to ML:

quiver_000.png
quiver_000.png (72.94 KiB) Viewed 83 times

There are two issues:

• The quiver seems to be very short. Can you make it longer... to reach down to below underpants? (we can still use this length for crossbow bolt quivers, if crossbows are ever added.)

• Which license(s) are you publishing your work under? I think that your work counts as a derivative work, but I haven't checked of what.

-LuH
Peon
Peon

Post by -LuH »

ThinkSome wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 21:27

Hello -Luh-, Jesusalva has added your artwork to ML:

quiver_000.png

There are two issues:

• The quiver seems to be very short. Can you make it longer... to reach down to below underpants? (we can still use this length for crossbow bolt quivers, if crossbows are ever added.)

• Which license(s) are you publishing your work under? I think that your work counts as a derivative work, but I haven't checked of what.

You can use it as you see fit, even modify it if necessary. As for the size, I thought about increasing it more but then it would be disproportionate to the size of the arches. :D