PvP, clans, and more!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Pauan
Novice
Novice

PvP, clans, and more!

Post by Pauan »

Well... First off, this post is regarding PvP, auto-attack systems, among various other areas of interest.

The first idea I had was of an auto-attack feature. Right now, the monsters auto-attack you if you attack then, with some attacking you beforehand. This works fine, since we can't actually harm eachother yet... but, when (if) PvP is put into the game... this would allow for the possibility of people killing other people when they can't react. What if somebody was at low-health, yet it was dinner time. So, they sit down, hop up, then eat dinner. After coming back, they notice that they have lost all their EXP due to somebody killing them. If auto-attack was enabled, this would help prevent this. Of course, if the guy is stronger than you, then you still die. This leads me onto my next point...

What if some strong character goes around harassing newbies? First off, I suggest that if PvP is enabled, that you shouldn't gain any EXP, gold, or anything else. In other words, you gain absolutely nothing from killing somebody. An arena could be added where you DO gain gold and EXP, but just going around randomly killing people would not gain you anything.

So, why enable PvP? Because it allows for a growing community that can govern themselves. Let's say some noob keeps following you around, stealing your items and kills. Although you COULD report him, and leave it to the admins, wouldn't it be so much easier if you could just walk over and kill him? Sure, you don't gain anything, but he loses EXP and thus the punishment has been dealt.

Another scenario is where some crazy maniac goes around killing people just for the shear joy of it... In that case, I remember hearing how somebody suggested that the townspeople hire a strong bodyguard to take him down... However, an easier way to deal with this leads me onto my fourth point: clans.

Although I agree that adding so-called "guilds," "tribes," among others would definately increase the quality of the game (A Ranger Guild anybody?), at the same time... what if it is a domestic matter? Let's take the crazed lunatic from above. Obviously these guilds would require you being a certain job.. possibly requiring an entrance fee... and it would take a while for your plee to arrive at the higher-ups in the Guild. So what do you do? You COULD hire an assassin to take him out... but that would only make things worse. And what if you're broke? My idea is that you could form clans, parties, tribes, whatever you want to call them... and then go take him out! Just as more than one person can attack a monster at once, you can also have more than one person attack a player at once. So you get together your friends and fellow victims, and go take this guy out! This guarantees he won't attack again, because if he does... you just dispatch him again. He won't want to lose his hard-earned EXP, so eventually he stays away. And of course, if he persists, you can always call a moderator...

This ALSO allows for rival gangs. Evil people who form together to take down innocents. Yet, although this may not be 100% wanted, it adds spice to the game, making it more realistic, enjoyable, and immersive. And besides... if they ever get too far out of hand, we can always just ban certain select members, right? So anyways... there's my suggestions! I think they're rather good, but I'm not making the game, so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide. Particularily the party idea I am fond of. This doesn't have to apply to players either... you could party up to fight a boss monster. Yes, that's rather cliche... but it works too. And also, a friends list is rather needed as well. I understand that will take a long time to implement, but I hope it does get in there within the next five years or so. It would be nice to keep track of those people you bump into in game.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

auto attack won't be efficient when we switch to real time combat.

most of your other ideas aren't really new but have already been mentioned in this thread: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=649
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Ah, I see. I apologize for being redundant then.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

What if somebody was at low-health, yet it was dinner time. So, they sit down, hop up, then eat dinner. After coming back, they notice that they have lost all their EXP due to somebody killing them.
NEVER go afk in a Battle zone >.>

If you do, thats your own fault
Putting Auto-attack would only make the game much less fun.

Less interaction, not that there is much anyways
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: re

Post by Crush »

Bear wrote:Less interaction, not that there is much anyways
you are still thinking about the "ragnarok online lite" game that is currently our test container for the graphic engine, not the real game "the mana world" that is still in the planning stage.