Game Client Crash.

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Game Client Crash.

Post by Pauan »

Eh... the post in the Bugs forum said to post this here, so I shall!

I am running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS - Dapper Drake on my own custom-built computer. If you need more info, I can send it over. Here is the code I got from the Terminal:

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Hope that helps!
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Unfortunately, that's exactly as useful as saying "it crashed". In other words, it doesn't tell us anything.

Does this report relate to a post on the bugs forum? If so please link to it.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

I see... quite a predicament. Especially considering it happened again, and there seems to be no common reason as to why it would...

Eh... not that I know of. The post I was referring to was the one that said that Game client crashes should go into the respective operating system board.

Also... I find it interesting that this guy has a similar yet different problem from me. Both times I was in a cave filled with bats, and I use Ubuntu, just like him. Yet I am certain I am using the 0.0.20 version of the game, and this has only happened twice, rather than all the time.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Unfortunately that guy never came back to answer my question. Also, he didn't point out that there was a segmentation fault. just that the game closed. I don't think you two are having the same problem.

To get more information out of a segmentation fault you'd have to compile TMW yourself, making sure debug information is included in the binary. You then run TMW inside gdb. When it crashes, you'll be able to type "bt" in gdb to get more detailed information about where it crashed. In short something like:

$ ./configure CXXFLAGS="-g"
$ make clean
$ make
$ gdb src/tmw
> run
[crash]
> bt
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

I will definately try that! Thank you for the tips! I will just have to wait for it to crash, in which case I will be able to get more detailed information.