Graveyard Tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Graveyard Tileset

Post by Crush »

Followup from http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1722
BadMrBox wrote:If there is any need for it I would very much like to design a cemetery/church with maybe some catacombs and zombie/ghouls/skeletons and vampires.
Crush wrote:i already thought about a graveyard tileset, but i got too much other stuff to do. when you feel like making one noone will stop you.
Modanung wrote:Keep in mind it should fit in with at least one of the exsisting tilesets and that maybe different cultures may have different graveyards. And it's always good to do some concept art before starting on the actual tiles.
This thread is to focus on the graveyard concept. We already had the discussion about using symbols from existing religions and decided not to use them. so no tombstones in form of a christian cross.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

This thread is to focus on the graveyard concept. We already had the discussion about using symbols from existing religions and decided not to use them. so no tombstones in form of a christian cross.
This was very good to know before I started pixeling.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Are you still on it or have you given up?

I am just asking because in .21 we will have a cool fog effect but it doesn't fit any of the maps. it would look brilliant on a graveyard though.

here a screenshot, in case you haven't seen it yet. although it looks much better when animated.
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... olling.png
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

No no, I haven't given it up at all Crush.
Fog effect!? You have no idea how brilliant that would look on a graveyard! ...Obviously you do :shock: . It looks far out great on that screenshot :D.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

If we ever get a port town the fog effect would be great there too. :)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

BadMrBox wrote:No no, I haven't given it up at all Crush.
are there already some pixels you can show us?
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

are there already some pixels you can show us?
:( . As soon as I have something exciting I will post it.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

when you have any problems making something look the way you want feel free to show us what you got. then we can give you some advice how you can make it better.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

SO? Nothing new? We're waiting! :wink:
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

I have had real time issues lately, still have :x. I have been fiddling with some concept art thought. Where there is a graveyard (with tombstone without any christian markings) there must be a church also. As the graveyards will be crawling with undead I dont think that the church should look to friendly and it cant look to much like our chistian churches either. I have been thinking about tossing gargoyles and statues on it - somewhat gothic style. Does mana world have any religion at all by the way? I have been looking for info but found none. Keep a lookout for a concept art sketch coming your way soon :)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

BadMrBox wrote:Does mana world have any religion at all by the way? I have been looking for info but found none. Keep a lookout for a concept art sketch coming your way soon :)
So far not a lot I think. These orginisations are the closest thing we have to relifions: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Organisations

Feel free to let your imagination on the loose and/or add some info to the wiki. Ofcourse you don't have to base the graveyard on these orginisations, you could think of a new religion... but I think the Curch of the Elder Gods could be what you're looking for.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Thanks Modanung.
The members of this religious organisation are worshipping the elder gods. They oppose the cult of the demons.
This gave me a good backup story for why there is demons and undead on this particular church :twisted:. All is falling into place.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

How about that? Demon worshippers murder innocent people and steal bodies from regular graveyards. Then they bury the bodies in the damned earth around their temple so that their demon masters can feast on the souls of the dead and make undead servants out of them.
Last edited by Crush on 05 Sep 2006, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

So at which point this thread is going to start to produce what the topic would hint it should? :roll:
This message used to be meaningful.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

ImageImage
Yeah, I know they'll need some working on them. I used the woodland ground grass - thought it would be good.