The weapon that is still unknown at wiki

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

D2ARCHER
Novice
Novice

The weapon that is still unknown at wiki

Post by D2ARCHER »

Here are a idea for all this :roll: :roll: :roll: if u liked tell me :P

D2ARCHER
7X Lvl Archer And Counting

D2MAXIMOS
XX Lvl AK Hibrid Stopped at moment ^^
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Hey.Go easy on the cap.Please.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

There is no way that could be a Katana. Look at any pictures of a Katana and you'll see that there's a curve to it. Other than that, I don't have much complaints except your keyboard. You should buy one with the caps lock key broken in the off position. :wink:
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Katana and Long katana? Ehm, this is how it works.
A blade shorter than 30cm is called tantō(knife).
The wakizashi's lenght is between 30cm and 60cm.
A chiisakatana(that mean's short katana) is slightly longer than a wakizashi.
A Katana's lenght is about 60cm to 90cm. If the sword is longer than 90cm it is called Nodachi and it is usually a twohanded sword.

So either the 'katana' on that chart should be called wakizashi or the 'long katana' should be called Nodachi, but Pauan are more or less right when he says that the swords should be curved before we could call them either. Thought I have seen a image of a less curved katana once but that might have been more or less one of a kind or something really, really old.

They 'Long katana' could be called Jian (type of sword origin in China) but both swords looks more or less like Europian long swords than anything.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

The Japanese used to use straight swords. However, the Koreans were using curved blades, and when the Japanese saw how superior curved blades were to straight, they started making curved swords. After many years, they perfected the "katana" which literally means sword. Thus, a katana could be any sword, theoretically... though ken is preferred in this sense. Katana, in modern usage, refers to the Japanese long-curved blade.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

That Iron Axe looks more like Tolkien Uruk Hai Ork sword. The point is: I don't think thats an axe. Looks more like a sword to me.

Ork Uruk Hai Scimitar:
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

LEG0LAS wrote:The point is: I don't think thats an axe. Looks more like a sword to me.
I agree. A very strange, clumsy, inefficient sword, yet a sword nontheless.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

The Japanese used to use straight swords.
But that was a long time ago, right? Something like before 1000A.C or something?
I agree. A very strange, clumsy, inefficient sword, yet a sword nontheless.
Yeah, it's not an axe. I dont know how inefficient it is really thought. Aim it at your enemies stomick and reverse the move and hit him it the head with the poke. Could work. That captain shield should go, have to much United Kingdom feeling over it.

Edit: Talking about ineffiecient weapons... the bastard spear(!)...
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

I would be happy if there would be more equip in the game, but I think that as you suggested it they have tooo high attack. It would be good to spread them somehow also under attack 100. Sice there is too large gap between newbie weapons and this.
You also have to know HOW to add them to the game. Some quest? Or high price from seller?
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

Omg i didn't see that.
That is not a Bastar Spear!!! :shock: :shock:
Its a sword!!
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Alderan wrote:I would be happy if there would be more equip in the game, but I think that as you suggested it they have tooo high attack. It would be good to spread them somehow also under attack 100. Sice there is too large gap between newbie weapons and this.
You also have to know HOW to add them to the game. Some quest? Or high price from seller?
I'm quite sure we'll be spacing it out nicely. Have lots of nice, balanced, buyable items, and have a couple REALLY good items that are SUPER rare... think like only one person in 100,000 would have it. :wink: Naturally, once we get more people playing, it would change to more like one in a million....