Snake Game created by me

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Snake Game created by me

Post by HaLLanHype »

If anyone cares here SS's and download of my snake game. Feel free to make better graphics if you like :)

Also any suggestions to spice up snake would be appreciated. I want to make this better than normal snake and im learning programming by doing so. The game is fully playable. Im going to keep adding new features in and next will be different levels with higher speeds and so on. Below is a new screenshot where I made the mainscreen nicer. I also got the high score working now. It only saves if you have got the high score and then shows it.

SCREENSHOTS:

FEATURES:
High score - see if you can obtain the high score.
Levels - everytime you level it increases your points but also the speed the snake moves.
Sound - Plays the theme song from music impossible and repeats it.

COMING SOON:
Special Food - Food that is either a bonus adding 10 extra points everytime you eat or get a bad food that adds 2 body parts to your snake!
Enemy snake - Might add an enemy snake that moves around the map and if you run into him your dead!

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.flawsin.com/Snake.rar
Last edited by HaLLanHype on 31 Aug 2006, 08:22, edited 2 times in total.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

here is one snake
here is another
I also did an animated head.Image
If you like them pm me your e-mail and I can send you a zip with all the individual graphics. I used 10x10 size, since that is what your original was. I could also try to do a mouse or something if you would like.
-DAVe
Last edited by Cosmostrator on 31 Aug 2006, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

Image Image
a couple of 10x10 mice.
-DAVe
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
A brick you could use for a wall.
It's hard to do much in such a small size.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

Hey thanks a lot. I think I am going to use the larger one... (which I forgot to post ss of here) but im not posititive... since you said its hard as small you could make a larger version if you like... they are 20x20.... or if I do go with the smaller one I will use these...

my email is halla@flawsin.com

heres all the parts.... head (all 4 directions), body, tail (although I didnt code it in yet), and the snake... im also going to add a wall soon but I havent yet

thanks for the contribution!
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
A brick you could use for a wall.
It's hard to do much in such a small size.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

Updated the first post. New download is available.

Added in this one are Levels and Sound.

Mission Impossible anyone?

Also if you have ideas for good scores to level up each time let me know.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

One suggestion. If you are moving one direction (ie. up) and you press the opposite (ie. down) you die. I guess this means that you are running over yourself, but it seems to me that it would make more sense to just block being able to do this. Every time I have played this is how I died.
-DAVe
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

Cosmostrator wrote:One suggestion. If you are moving one direction (ie. up) and you press the opposite (ie. down) you die. I guess this means that you are running over yourself, but it seems to me that it would make more sense to just block being able to do this. Every time I have played this is how I died.
-DAVe
Yeah I know about that. I have been trying to figure out a way to do it. It was where you could go over your self but I made it so you die so you cant do that for now. I have to figure out when your going one way it disables you from changing to the other direction. I will figure it out soon.