[FIXED] svn doesn't compile, some OpenGL related error

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

[FIXED] svn doesn't compile, some OpenGL related error

Post by Alderan »

Here is what I got when trying to compile. Before it was working - new revisons before...

Code: Select all

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bernard/projects/tmw/src'
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -DTMW_DATADIR=\""/usr/local/share/tmw/"\"   -Wall -Werror -DUSE_OPENGL -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT `pkg-config --cflags libxml-2.0`  -g -O2 -MT tmw-gui.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/tmw-gui.Tpo" -c -o tmw-gui.o `test -f 'gui/gui.cpp' || echo './'`gui/gui.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/tmw-gui.Tpo" ".deps/tmw-gui.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/tmw-gui.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from gui/../resources/image.h:29,
                 from gui/gui.cpp:55:
/usr/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:112:1: error: "GL_GLEXT_VERSION" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/GL/gl.h:1630,
                 from /usr/include/guichan/opengl/openglimage.hpp:68,
                 from /usr/include/guichan/opengl/openglsdlimageloader.hpp:63,
                 from gui/../resources/openglsdlimageloader.h:29,
                 from gui/gui.cpp:34:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:74:1: error: this is the location of the previous definition
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Tried disabling OpenGL?
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Master Ar2ro
Peon
Peon

Post by Master Ar2ro »

What version of SDL are you using? Are you an ubuntu user? If so, the problem lies in ubuntu default SDL versions, if you download and compile the latest SDL, then TMW will compile correctly.
C/C++,Java,PHP+MySQL - read more
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Modanung wrote:Tried disabling OpenGL?
It is possible to compile without any warnings and to run - but after start I stay at the beginning without possibilit to move - maybe some client problem... With older client it is possible to play without any problems...
But with new sandstorm/clouds atc effects witout opengl it is not playable on my machine. :(
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

Master Ar2ro wrote:What version of SDL are you using? Are you an ubuntu user? If so, the problem lies in ubuntu default SDL versions, if you download and compile the latest SDL, then TMW will compile correctly.
I'm debian user. It worked before.. :cry:

$ sdl-config --version
Master Ar2ro
Peon
Peon

Post by Master Ar2ro »

When did you checkout the code? I am running yesterdays SVN and it compiles fine on my machine.

Ubuntu 6.06, SDL 1.2.11, g++ 4.0.3, guichan 0.5.0

You haven't compiled SDL yourself? I did compile SDL and guichan by myself. And I include : -I/usr/local/include/SDL instead of -I/usr/include/SDL.

If you've got the same libs and yesterdays SVN then I don't know what's the problem.
C/C++,Java,PHP+MySQL - read more
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

When you don't want to fix your SDL problems you can use this patch to compile TMW: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=645620
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Alderan wrote:But with new sandstorm/clouds atc effects witout opengl it is not playable on my machine. :(
You can switch them off by adding this option to the config.xml:

option name="OverlayDetail" value="0"
0 = off, 1 = only one overlay, 2 = all overlays (default)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:When you don't want to fix your SDL problems you can use this patch to compile TMW: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=645620
This worked. I guess that I woudn't recompile SDL in my system since also other programs working with it. I guess that the patch should be added to the trunk..
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Alderan wrote:I guess that the patch should be added to the trunk..
Nope, because it's not our problem.
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:
Alderan wrote:I guess that the patch should be added to the trunk..
Nope, because it's not our problem.
Well as you wish. I can live with that. But I guess that it will discourage new potentional users. Imagine you are going to try some game - and the game doesn't compile on your system. What will you do? Will you browse bug reports on sourceforge and trying to get some patches or recompiling some basic system library? No. You will try some different game that will work without any problems.
So please at least think about it. It is possible to put the define into makefile so the source files will be same. I compile one my project with -DNO_SDL_GLEXT and see no problem about it.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

If I want to try out a specific game I'm going to try and make it run. I choose a game because I think I like it, not because it runs.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

SDL/OpenGL header problem fix went into trunk some time ago, and will be included with 0.0.22. Closing this thread.