Kyahan. (Leggings/stockings)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pauan
Novice
Novice

Kyahan. (Leggings/stockings)

Post by Pauan »

Well, after a couple days, I finally finished the Kyahan! As it says in the title, the English equivalent would be leggings or stockings. The base Kyahan will be leather (brown), but I plan on making silk, cloth, cotton, among others. I am surprised nobody thought up this idea before, seeing as how it's VERY easy to implement... Either way, here are the Kyahan.

Leather Kyahan:
IN CONSTRUCTION

Cotton Kyahan:
Last edited by Pauan on 30 Sep 2006, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

looks like u recolored legs...
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

yosuhara wrote:looks like u recolored legs...

Yes it does.I cant see a reason to use something like this if it's not a kind of armour and go ON ordinary trousers.I dont want to feel like a flasher when I play TMW....
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yes, you should make them look like actual clothing that moves independently (strectching, looseness?) of the character.

Also, when making different versions, make them different enough (preferrably structural differences) for players to actually want those instead of the regular ones so we'll see personal looking characters instead of differently coloured characters.
This message used to be meaningful.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

These could still be useful though.... Maybe we could have a recolor of each armor type, but not have it change the stats. Players could choose the type of armor they wanted, and choose the color of that armor as well. If nothing else, maybe these could be the defualt leggings, and while a player is creating their character, they could choose the color they would like.
With that said, I agree that just changing the color would make for a poor selection of "New" armor.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Dr Wahl wrote:These could still be useful though.... Maybe we could have a recolor of each armor type, but not have it change the stats. Players could choose the type of armor they wanted, and choose the color of that armor as well. If nothing else, maybe these could be the defualt leggings, and while a player is creating their character, they could choose the color they would like.
With that said, I agree that just changing the color would make for a poor selection of "New" armor.

I'd rather have something like the hair stylist.A npc that let's you dye your clothes.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

How the clothes change colors can be done by NPC as well, but it sounds like you got the idea I was trying to get across.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Very well then. Back to work.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'd still like to have more subtle differences besides the colors too (especially in armor and decorated clothing). For plain and simple clothing recoloring is ok.
This message used to be meaningful.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Rotonen wrote:I'd still like to have more subtle differences besides the colors too (especially in armor and decorated clothing). For plain and simple clothing recoloring is ok.
Take into consideration that Kyahan are stockings and as such will hug the body VERY closely. As such, they will appear in pixel form as merely a recoloring of the legs. Thus, I insist that the cotton Kyahan remain untouched... however... I also admit that leather would not behave that way, and as such I will redo the leather Kyahan. Perhaps we could make the leather Kyahan male, and the cotton female? Same item, same stats, just different look? I am also seriously considering dropping the other colorful ones, and sticking to cotton and leather for now.

You might also want to keep in mind that I got a vote of approval from a female player about the cotton Kyahan. It seems females would appreciate stockings.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I'm not sure how we could properly implement stockings. Because we have only one slot for legwear it would not be possible for females to wear something over their panties when wearing stockings. Why are they under them panties anyway?
I was thinking about some options.
a) No stockings
b) Have two ways of wearing a skirt, with and without stockings. We could have a similar things with hoods, on and off.
c) Make skirts/kilts part of the belt slot instead of legwear.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

I dont know if I like the idéa of introducing lingerie.Things like that usually go out of hands.
And please, call it what you want but lingerie it is.
Pauan
Novice
Novice

Post by Pauan »

Tarm wrote:I dont know if I like the idéa of introducing lingerie.Things like that usually go out of hands.
And please, call it what you want but lingerie it is.
Yet nonetheless I am quite certain female players would appreciate it. You know how they are about shopping... :wink:
Modanung wrote:I'm not sure how we could properly implement stockings. Because we have only one slot for legwear it would not be possible for females to wear something over their panties when wearing stockings. Why are they under them panties anyway?
I was thinking about some options.
a) No stockings
b) Have two ways of wearing a skirt, with and without stockings. We could have a similar things with hoods, on and off.
c) Make skirts/kilts part of the belt slot instead of legwear.
The new server will not change that fact? Hmm... I agree about the belt slot. It would make partial sense to put them onto the belt slot. And I personally don't like the 'no stockings' idea, and I have some people who are in favor of stockings. The second option also seems good, and would solve quite a few problems as well. But if you plan on having more than one type of stocking, that would be a LOT of different clothing options:

Standard skirt with cotton stockings.
Standard skirt without cotton stockings.
Standard skirt with silk stockings.
Standard skirt without silk stockings...

And so on and so on. Right now I think the most viable option would be C.