BadMrBox random sprite thread

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

BadMrBox random sprite thread

Post by BadMrBox »

I thought of making a new thread where I could drop some random ideas and you could tell me if there any point to continue to work on it or what changes need to be made.
Female green armour:
Male red armour:
Last edited by BadMrBox on 01 Oct 2006, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Female armour: Nice.I like it.Though it needs to be more defined in the abdominal area.It sort of blurs out.Shall it end at the waist?

Male armour: Isnt the shoulder guards to high?Looks cramped and doesnt go well with the chest.They doesnt connect.Here I think both the chest and abdominal area needs to be more defined.

The female armour is almost ok ;) but the male needs work.

Please.Armour.Armor is american dialect. ;)
It's petty but Im sensitive with things like that. :roll:

Edit: Why not use the tried and true method and add leather straps on the armour?
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Male armour: Isnt the shoulder guards to high?Looks cramped and doesnt go well with the chest.They doesnt connect.Here I think both the chest and abdominal area needs to be more defined.
I agree with you. The shoulder guards are way to high up :shock:. That'll have to be changed.

Sorry about the armor incident Tarm :oops: , I been playing around with the yankees to long :) .
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Dont think about it.I just dont like the american spelling on some words.A small matter.

Anyway have you any ideas how to make the armour "shine"?The colour (There's another of those words. ;) ) variants, brighter and darker, arent enough.I think you need to have some white pixels or something else like mentioned leather straps to make the outlines of the armour stand out more.
It's good now but I like my armour to show more depth.If you understand what Im getting at. :)
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Anyway have you any ideas how to make the armour "shine"?
I'll guess the thing is to make the brightest parts of the armor nearly white or something.
Why not use the tried and true method and add leather straps on the armour?
As soon as I figure out where to put the straps ;).
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

You put the straps on the side.Hard to describe but the "head of a belt" could be put halfway between the side and the middle of the chest.Or you could simply have a leather belt go from the side up to halfway to the chest and then end with two bolts.

Leather straps like the ones I describe was generally situated at the sides of the body because the armour is like a clam shell, the leather straps is what's keeping the two shells together.

Hard to describe.Hope you got it. :)
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Straps on the side I know of :), yet thoose would mostly be visible from the left and right animation. Some leather for the shoulder guards seems natural thought.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

True but they could be in the front a little bit.I think it would add detail which Im very fond of.Details rule. :)

A leather band on the bottom of the shoulder guards?Where would you put it?

Otherwise when I started to mention leather straps my thinking was more like having them as a criss cross pattern on the chest or another variant.Some armour use that.I dont think it would fit but anyway.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

A leather band on the bottom of the shoulder guards?Where would you put it?
straight over the chest... I was thinking about the red armour. The guards should be strapped tightly somehow.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

Us Americans may spell armor and color funny, but we do use apostrophes in conjunctions, put spaces after periods, and capitalize proper nouns. ;)

I think the shoulders on the male armour may work if they are beefed up a little. Right now they are sloping downward. If you square them out they should look much stronger and less effeminate.
-DAVe
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Nice work MrBox. I look forward to owning a complete wardrobe from the BMB clothing line. 8)
GravyTrain
Peon
Peon

Post by GravyTrain »

give him a football helmet and it would be perfect :D
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Ehm, yeah. And a fotball to use as a missile weapon :wink: