Graveyard Tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Modanung wrote:
Luneenia wrote:below ground graves are strange to me...and just plain weird
I think the word 'grave' is derived from digging a hole in the ground. At least the Dutch word 'graf' is; the Dutch verb 'graven' means 'to dig'.
but i like crypts too :D
Luneenia
Peon
Peon

Post by Luneenia »

yosuhara wrote:
Luneenia wrote:i'm not talking about voodoo!!! stupid stereotypical people...ALL or practically ALL graves in new orleans are above ground due to flooding which causes graves to rise up above the ground and float past people's homes...that's the point I'm making...below ground graves are strange to me...and just plain weird
i think u mean this: Image
yosuhara has got the right idea...not that crowded though...i'll see if i can make one
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

out of boredom :)

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

yosuhara wrote:Image
Not bad. Although with the shading you made it look roundish, yet the bottom and the text are straight. That means either you drew it in the wrong perspective or the shading should be reworked.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

I'm sorry for the lack of updates on this thread. I have been very very busy lately. We have so much work that everybody is forced(!) to work overtime. So have I been doing for the last couple of weeks and so it will be for about at least three weeks more. A couple of hours extra everyday and a full extra day of work on either saturday or sunday. I feel kinda drained at the moment but my wallet likes it and I have not much of an choice anyway. But it's not a fun life just to have work, food and sleep all the time. I'm gonna vote sometime soon (our gouverment thingy Chocolate Cupcake) and then I'm gonna see if I'm can work on the church. Now you at least know why I'm slower than usual at least.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Here's a quick and rather ugly sketch I made on the church for a moment ago. Tell me what you think about the construction.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

we could have a bell somewhere, what you think about it?
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Well, I thought we could have a bell inside the clocktower (...duh ;) ). Thought a groundlevel bell to the left of the entrance might not be to bad of an idea either.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Im not very happy with using churches in the game.Temples fit better imho.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

I think I prefer a gothic styled church rather than a temple (besides, I wouldn't know how to design a temple).
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

BadMrBox wrote:I think I prefer a gothic styled church rather than a temple (besides, I wouldn't know how to design a temple).
but your church reminds real gothic church just too much.. use your imagination...
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

but your church reminds real gothic church just too much.. use your imagination...
My imagination drank a bottle of whiskey and fell asleep. I honestly having a bit of trouble making a gothic inspired church without making it to much like a gothic church. I shall continue to think about the design :)
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Think monsters.Lots of gargoyles everywhere.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Monsters. Check. Gargoyles. Check. :)
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Of course there could always be angelic figures (Good natured symbols.) there too.After all one of the strongest impressions you get when visiting a gothic church is the struggle between good and evil.I like that contrast.